Too Much Salt

Primrose

Do you ever go out to eat and wake up the next morning to find everything about you swollen? Rings won't come off, shoes too tight, etc? To me, that says that whatever I ate contained too much sodium in one form or another. I stay away from those restaurants afterwards. Have you had a similar experience?

Lyra

I have had that happen, usually after eating more than one hot dog. I, too, think it is too much sodium. However, my sister has had that problem for years. She has recently stopped eating grains and tells me she no longer has a swelling problem.

I'd never really thought much about it being to much salt in the foods. I do know that if I eat to much late at night that this will happen. I hate that feeling too.

SoftRain

I never noticed swelling after eating out at a restaurant. That doesn't mean I'm not ingesting way too much sodium, but I haven't seen that reaction.

Hyacinth

I haven't had that experience - my body parts swelling after having a meal at a restaurant. I really try to lessen my sodium intake but of course when I eat out, I can't be really sure about how much sodium the served food contains.