Time between dinner & sleep

Pushhyarag2000

It is believed that a clear gap of two to three hours between dinner and sleep ensures food gets digested rather than turning all into fat. This is a healthy practice without a doubt.

What is the gap between your dinner and bed time?

gina121

I have my last meal of the day quite early, so there is quite a gap between my dinner and bedtime - nearly 4 hours or so. I do have herbal tea during that time, but no solids.

chabella

All Lady
I try to avoid any heavy meals or snacking, if I can get dinner in by 6 or 7 at the latest it will be great. I hate having a late supper, it tends to drag me down all evening and the following day too.

Cassia

My dinner is usually at 7. I have a cup of coffee or tea an hour or so after that. I sleep at around 12. There are times that I crave for midnight snack but I make sure to take something light like fruit or cereal sans the milk.

freshfoodie

I am the same as Cassia. I have dinner most nights between 6-7 and then a small snack later in the evening. You shouldn't go to bed on an empty stomach though because your body does a lot of work while you are sleeping.

jovan107

I try to eat dinner at between 5-6pm and have a snack at 8pm. I normally go to bed until 11:30pm so whatever I eat for dinner/snack should be digested before I sleep. Also, I never eat meat after 3pm because it takes forever to digest.

sandooch

I eat dinner at senior citizen time..4:30 p.m. :D I hate going to bed not feeling at least a little bit hungry, do that I feel my body doesn't have to work so hard trying to digest all that food while I just lay there. Plus, when I'm dieting, I feel better going to be a little hungry, like a did well that day. Not starving, mind you...just a little hungry.

rosie

I eat very late because I read in bed after 11pm and if I eat before 9pm I'll end up getting out of bed and eating something because my empty stomach won't let me sleep. My metabolism is pretty quick.

aphil

I always have to wait at least three hours after I eat before I go to bed, or else I'll either have an upset stomach or I will not be able to rest and fall to sleep. Drinking a bit of water an hour or so after I eat helps too with the digestion. My sensitive digestion system is helping me to keep from getting fat!

Carolynn

This is something I know we need to change, but my husband and I often don't eat dinner until 10 or 11 o'clock at night and then maybe go to bed an hour or two after that.

shaunche

I usually have my last meal around 9 pm and I go to bed at around 1 am. I like to go to bed feeling satiated and I find a 3 to 4 hour gap between my last meal and sleep is good for feeling satiated but not full. I can't sleep when I feel hungry.

Greenwoman

Unfortunately, I tend to have a problem with being both hungry and sleepy at the same time, especially when I come home from college. Typically, I eat and then go nap for a bit, and then get back up and do some work.

My gap varies but it is usually about 3-5 hours. Every once in a while I eat late but usually I eat within an hour or two of being home from work.

claudine

My gap is definitely too small. I know it's unhealthy but I just can't sleep when I'm hungry and I'm getting hungry really quickly:p . Usually I have dinner, I take a shower and I go to sleep. It takes about an hour.

My gap is probably too small. I tend to eat dinner very late, at around eleven or so, and then I'm in bed by midnight or one. I guess it's a bad scheduling issue. I tend to be too busy for dinner until around eleven. Then again, when I eat dinner earlier, I still need to have something light before bed or I'll feel hungry. Probably just bad programming on my part, though...

ghanashyam

Banned
Yes this is true, the sugar is maximum generated if one sleeps immediately after taking food. My doctor has suggested me to watch the tv or do some activity before taking the noon nap.