Soy - Good or Not?

jblythe4

Its a good alternative to dairy just as long as you don't go overboard with it. Soy milk is really refreshing in the morning with breakfast.

I have also heard from relatives that soy is bad for mens health. I don't really see how it is though. Maybe it affects estrogen levels?

This is the first time I have actually heard of that soy could be bad to a person's health. But maybe what those writings are saying if it's too much. I believe that anything that is too much is bad. Soy is organic and I don't see any harmful effect that it can give to anyone as long as it's in moderate use.

Waynefire

Like all items soy is okay when you use it in moderation. The problem is so many people do not like to use moderation anymore and just overeat the items. However, like someone else said if you do this in moderation you will be fine.

Sugarhill

Soy has become that food that each person needs to seriously research and make a decision on their own. Everyone will tell you something different, but it's not something to be casual about, especially with the amount of documentation that is available.

shaunche

Its a good alternative to dairy just as long as you don't go overboard with it. Soy milk is really refreshing in the morning with breakfast.
It really isn't a good alternative to dairy. Did you know that 99% of soy is genetically modified? Genetically modified is not healthy, and neither are the harmful anti-nutrients founds in soy.

Nylorac

I switched from soy milk to almond milk some time ago. I believe the key is, as others have said here, everything in moderation and read your labels to discern what is added into your soy purchase.

Sugarhill

You can't go wrong with almond milk. Not to mention, it just tastes better. Have you tried it with cereal?

Esperahol

This simply is not true. Cancer runs amok everywhere. So don't for a moment think its an ethnic and diet issue.

Also, soy does NOT contain the same protein chain as meat. That has been established.

Cancer does not in fact run amok and there are factors related to ethnic differences as well as what goes into one's diet. Please don't just throw things out there like that. As for whether soy does or does not contain the same protein as meat - so what? Also show your work.

shaunche

Like all items soy is okay when you use it in moderation. The problem is so many people do not like to use moderation anymore and just overeat the items. However, like someone else said if you do this in moderation you will be fine.
The safe in moderation mantra is a horrible approach to health. Heroin is probably 'safe' in moderation, would you recommend heroin? The harmful toxins, sugar and trans fats etc accumulate over decades. Most people die prematurely because of this, dying at 75 is premature.

shaunche

I have also heard from relatives that soy is bad for mens health. I don't really see how it is though. Maybe it affects estrogen levels?
It is bad for men and women. Estrogen is associated with cancer, this is why women suffer from breast cancer and breast cancer in men is extremely rare.

Soy is genetically modified and contains anti nutrients which poison the body.

save27

I drink soymilk instead of regular milk because I am allergic to dairy, and soy is a major part of my diet, like soy cheese and soy ice cream. I am really healthy too, so I don't see what the problem is with soy.

Waynefire

Soy is a product which was not used in foods a lot until it was found to be easy to grow. Since then the FDA, farmers, and anyone who can has tried to change our thinking to this as being a super food. However, I think if you eat to much of any one item you are setting yourself up for failure.