Sources of Vitamin E

curer

I understand that Vitamin E is a good anti oxidant. Will some one please let me know what are the natural sources of Vitamin E? Are there any herbs which are rich in Vitamin E? Please share your knowledge with us.

enthusiast

Some foods that are high in Vitamin E are:

Wheat germ, almonds, turnip greens, mango, peanuts, mixed nuts with peanuts, mayonnaise made with soybean oil, broccoli, dandelion greens, pistachio nuts, spinach, kiwi, and some oils, like safflower, corn and soybean.

If you are concerned about GMOs, which are said to be in most foods in the grocery stores, soybean oil might be something that you would not want to use. A very high percentage of the soybean crops in the United States are either Round-up Ready or BT, which are both genetically-modified varieties. For that matter, a high percentage of corn crops are, too.

Walter

Thanks for the useful info Enthusiast. I hear that mung bean and soy bean sprouts are good sources of vitamin E. But to get the maximum benefit of them, you should not cook the sprouts too long. It's better to take them raw, especially the mung bean sprouts.