Sore Knees

strawberry

I'm looking for some suggestions. I have sore knees but it's not joint pain and it doesn't hurt to walk, run, or move around in any direction. But when I kneel down, like in my yoga class if I hit the wrong spot it's quite painful. I don't know what I did but I'd sure like to know what I can do about it. It's been several weeks.

rayne

Probably the first thing you need to do is quite the yoga class for a while. There are other forms of exercise you could do besides yoga although I know how you feel. If I miss a pilates class, I'm out of sorts. Do consider going to the Dr. if it doesn't get better after you take a break from yoga.

MarBell

Knee problems

A doctor can do a quick couple of pictures and tell you want it is, most likely. I was having some knee issues, and he quickly told me what it was. He also reassured me that it would get better over time if I used it. It did.

lettuce

There are over the counter supplements that can help with joint pain. My husband takes some to ease his lifting soreness. Maybe also try heating pads and/or better insoles for your shoes?

wanderingherb

Probably the first thing you need to do is quite the yoga class for a while. There are other forms of exercise you could do besides yoga although I know how you feel. If I miss a pilates class, I'm out of sorts. Do consider going to the Dr. if it doesn't get better after you take a break from yoga.
Very wise suggestion I applaud all of you! As for OTC you can do better than that! Much cheaper too. But first and foremost what is causing it and until you find out why not take a Chi ti class?!! If you like yoga you might very well enjoy this. You do not have to be on your knees. If no, maybe knee wraps?

I'm sorry your knees hurt. I hope you find out soon. :)

P.S. Nitwit that's Tai Chi not chai tea! LOL

strawberry

I'm still going to yoga as I only go once a week. I've been using an extra padded square to kneel on and that's helped a lot. But since the pain is still there when I hit just the right spot. Like this morning, I leaned against the bathtub to hang up my towel and bang - got the sore spot. I guess I should take a trip to the doctor and see what he has to say.