Something to get me moving in the morning?

CindyJ

I have heard of quite a few things that can help you relax, and help you sleep. But are there certain oils that can help wake me up in the morning?

Janet

Orange oil could help with that. It's supposed to provide you with energy to get you up and running. If you don't have any handy, trying eating an orange itself or having some orange juice; I am sure the smell of either of those can get you going.

eatplants

Mints are also energizing. Several of the aromatherapy energizing formulas use different mints and different citrus fragrances blended together.

If you shower in the morning, you might want to look for mint or citrus scented shower gels. That is my favorite way to wake up in the morning! Or, if you can find a source, handmade soaps are wonderful and often have citrus/mint fragrances.

Allnatural

I make peppermint bath salts and scrub salts to use in the mornings when I am more groggy than usual. They usually give me a quick pick up, enough to get started and hit the coffee pot anyway.

want2learn

I didn't know that mint was supposed to be energizing but I had always heard that citrus was. How do you make your own bath salts Allnatural?

herbalhannah

I have really dry skin, I would love to know how to make salt scrubs. I think that may help remove some of the flaky dry skin, or I hope it would.

blueaura

I use peppermint soap, also. I forgot the brand name, but you can use it for a variety of things--including shampoo and body wash. I use it in the morning and it always seems to wake me up. :)

locococo

Once I am awake I am cold, even in the warmer months so I am awake for good. Same thing rings true for when the sun hits my peepers, I am up for the day no matter how tired I might be.

CeeCee

I've never liked mint and citrus fragrances. That figures because I also hate to wake up, lol. I wonder if a mint or citrus scented candle would work as well as soap or body wash.