Snoring!

Gracie

How can I get my husband to stop snoring? It's every night! If he sleeps on his side he stops for a short time. Do you think there is something wrong with him?

wonder

It is perfectly normal to snore - or so my hubby tells me. I don't think there is anything wrong with him. Does he stop breathing? You know gasp for air? If so perhaps he needs to take a sleep apnea test.

chabella

All Lady
I do not snore per my husband but I do make "funny noises", since I have serious sinuses issues (almost yearly) when I sleep now I use the breathe right strips. They are amazing, you should stock up on them.

heytacos

Is your husband a smoker? I heard that smokers tend to snore more often than non-smokers, also people with asthma have the same issue, my better half does. There are nights when nothing helps and I just get up and sleep in the spare room instead.

wildcherry

Snoring restricts the airway, and if a person suffers from Sleep Apnea it can become dangerous. Also, the decrease of oxygen can lead to heart problems, type2 diabetes, strokes and fatigue during the day. There are various product remedies for snoring on the market. Along with the nose strips, there are trays to put in your mouth at night to thwart snoring, but I think a dentist has to make these.

strawberry

My husband snores loudly enough to wake the neighbors, when he's had a few drinks and sleeps on his back. On nights like this, I put a pillow behind him and keep him towards the edge of the bed so he can't roll over onto his back. It seems to work pretty well. :)

wonderfuls

I can vouch that smokers do snore more than non-smokers, been there, done that with the proof of sleepless nights to show for it. My spouse snores too but a good bit less than when he used to smoke.

wanderingherb

I used to politely ask hubby on you side please. LOL. Wouldn't get any sleep otherwise.
Probably all is well, people snore, and it doesn't always indicate a serious disorder! ;)
But it can cause sleep disorder for those of us on the other side!:D

SoftRain

My husband snores too, so I usually have to ask him to turn on his side. I have to ask him several times because he's groggy, so often by the third time or so I've lost patience and politeness as well. ;)

I snore and my wife told me it isn't as bad when I am on my side so I have to live with a chronic stiff neck just so she can get some sleep.

I got a free sample of Breathe Rights...I used them a lot in the past and they helped a lot. I would make sure I brush my teeth and tongue so I can get as much mucus out of my throat. Then blow my nose and clear it out. Apply breathe right and sleep on my side. This is a pain in the *** process but it works pretty well.

UmiNoor

My husband snores but when he sleeps on his side the snoring decreases. I think it's because when he sleeps on his back, his mouth is open and that is when he makes so much noise. When he's on his side, his mouth is slightly close so the snoring stops or isn't as loud.

I usually sleep first. That way I can at least get a few hours of undisturbed sleep. If he sleeps first, there's no doubt I won't be able to sleep. Perhaps you can sleep before he does and that way at least you get a few hours of undisturbed sleep and I can suggest putting a small pillow under his chin so that his mouth remains closed while he sleeps. If he breathes through his nose, the snoring won't be that loud.

Oh, I feel your pain. My husband snores also. It seems like if I push him to turn over on his right side, he stops for a little bit, and the snoring is not as annoying, as when he lay's directly on his back. I also bought my husband a nice firm pillow and now when his head is raised a little higher his snoring has become less also. Any you can always buy ear plugs..laugh out loud!

jblythe4

My girlfriend usually has to push me off of the bed to get me to stop! I snore pretty loudly and I attribute that to being a big guy, overweight, but I am working on that this summer. I have woken myself up on a few occasions because of my snoring.

SjNative

Like many of the other posters said, try and make him sleep on his side. If the problem persists, I would suggest that you just get some ear plugs and sleep with those on. I found that ear plugs really let me get a good nights sleep because I have no distractions or sounds waking me up in the wee hours of the morning.

hunysukle

He may have sleep apnea, which could be causing him to snore. Usually snoring isn't a big problem and there are methods of curing it. There are devices that resemble plastic teeth retainers (almost invisible) that people can wear to prevent snoring.

huullk

It is perfectly normal to snore - or so my hubby tells me. I don't think there is anything wrong with him. Does he stop breathing? You know gasp for air? If so perhaps he needs to take a sleep apnea test.

My husband snores a lot too especially when he is too tired from work. I am being alarmed by this because anytime, the mucus or anything inside may choke him. Whenever he does I rub his chest gently and pinch his nose. So far it helps, then at times I wake him up to drink some water.

EthanWang

My dad and I are also snore a lot..We know that sometimes it annoys other peoples but we just can't help it :(. So ive decided to take it as normal thing. In addition, my mom doesn't have harsh feeling about it at all and she said its absolutely norm for people to snore :D

emerald

My boyfriend snores, too, but lately he hasn't been snoring and that's all because I trained him not to. This is what I did. Everytime your husband snores ask him to sleep in prone position. This should stop the snoring right away. My boyfriend doesn't snore anymore because he either sleeps on his side or in prone position. He doesn't miss laying on his back much mainly because he does it while watching tv. Good luck.

Gracie, if you have the insurance to cover it have a sleep study done. My husband was diagnosed with sleep apnea when we had his done. My husband snores really bad as well, but since he had his study and got his mask he is better. He sleeps better and I don't have to hear the snoring!