SAD-Seasonal Affective Disorder

Weezle

Do any of you suffer from seasonal affective disorder? I'm beginning to think I may. I've noticed that when the days started to get shorter, I really started to sleep more and be more lethargic even when I get plenty of sleep. How do you know if you have this?

Georgina

I have depression already but it does get worse during the winter months, when it gets dark and gloomy all day. I don't know anybody who has been diagnosed with SAD and talked about it though.

chabella

All Lady
I get into a slight funk from it but more of it is planning and being on time. In the past few years I have slowly moved away from this as it never turns out good for my nerves.

Aletha

You may need to see a doctor, Weezle, and talk to them about your symptoms. There are some other diseases that can cause the same symptoms and you would need to rule out some of those in order to see if it's physical or psychological.

Weezle

Thanks guys. I am going to make an appointment to see what's going on. I'm getting more tired as time goes on so something is up. I wonder if it could also be my thyroid? I'm getting older and my family does have a problem with hypothyroidism.

Irma

There is diagnostic criteria published. If you do a search on "diagnostic criteria for seasonal affective disorder" I'm sure you'll be able to find out what the exact criteria is.