Posture

chabella

All Lady
Posture is something that I know many people overlook, I have been working each day for over a decade to remember to sit up straight. Its odd since I remind my kids of this daily but at the same time I can catch myself being lazy, I know part of it is due to back issues but how many others have this same internal fight on a daily basis?

I try to stand up straight but quite honestly it hurts my back. I hurt it quite a few years ago and when I stand up straight it really irritates the injury. I do get reminded daily by my one friend though.

SoftRain

I'm fighting the same fight. I slouch terribly but standing up straight hurts my back and I forget to do it. I know if I increased my core strength, standing up straight would be easier, so I am working on that.

Primrose

I do! And it seems the older I get the less I remember to stand and sit up straight. By the end of the day I feel like I have shrunk a couple of inches . Maybe a back brace would help.

freshfoodie

I try to stand up straight because not only is it good for your back, it is also good for your abs. When you stand up straight it forces you to utilize all those awesome core muscles and strengthens them in the process.

I try to always make sure that I walk straight, with my shoulders back and my back straight. It is so easy to forget and start slumping. I'm trying not to end up looking like the little old ladies with the slumped over shoulders that look very short.

Hyacinth

When I was in college, my friends and my classmates used to tease me because they noticed that I always sat up straight. :D Until now, I always try to be conscious of my posture. My work makes me sit in front of the computer all day, so I am careful that I don't slump.