Positive Thinking

Plenty of people are always laughing and happy in front of others while endlessly crying on the inside and by themselves. That's why so many people are shocked when those types of people kill themselves, so that description has nothing to do with who you really are.

What you say and said are truly a reflection of your true self and it sounds like you are ridiculously bitter and jaded. I don't have a problem with that, it's your life, but don't get bent out of joint when someone calls you on it. You said it yourself: you've lived through a lot of adversity, probably more than most people.

Instead of that adversity making you more sensitive to the perils of others, it's made you hard and callous as you don't believe what they've gone through measures up to what you've gone through. You haven't moved as far forward as you would like to believe.
I agree with this post entirely. People can become easily jaded and mean. And what's ironic is they think they are tough stuff, without realizing how hard and bitter they have become.

In any event, this thread has really helped me with the death of a loved one. As for the other posters, pardon me if I couldn't say, "Shit happens," and not care about my friend. They meant too much to mean. I acknowledged how painful it felt, and now I can move on.

It's not that ironic, nor is she necessarily a negative person. Anybody who claims to be happy all the time is probably lying. Real people struggle with their feelings (or else they give in completely, and those are negative people).
She is being negative because she came into a thread and decided to start insulting people. That is negative. If "it's not that serious" to her, why did she resort to name calling, finger pointing, and accusations? Maybe bad stuff affects her in ways that she doesn't realize, and she responds by lashing out at other people to make herself feel stronger.

Sugarhill

I agree with this post entirely. People can become easily jaded and mean. And what's ironic is they think they are tough stuff, without realizing how hard and bitter they have become.

In any event, this thread has really helped me with the death of a loved one. As for the other posters, pardon me if I couldn't say, "Shit happens," and not care about my friend. They meant too much to mean. I acknowledged how painful it felt, and now I can move on.

Well, some people can't acknowledge the pain because they don't really know how to deal with it. I have no problem with jaded or mean people, just own your behavior. You can be jaded, mean and honest to others and about yourself.

As for you, I hope you can hang in there and I'm glad that most of the thread helped bring you to a point that you were not when you started it. Sometimes, you just need to hear the right words or the same words, but at a different time and place for them to connect.

JoshTheBoss

Positive thinking goes a lot farther than you'd expect.

Back in high school I was overweight and very upset about it. One day I decided I was DONE being fat. Each day I told myself I was going to lose weight. My lifestyle did not change drastically. I still spent a lot of time on the computer each day. The difference is, instead of 25 chips, I'd have 10. It was more subconscious than anything. An effect of my brain just wanting to be healthier in general.

What do you think?

mslianne

In developing positive attitude you don't need to overexert just to make all the positive changes to happen. Our thoughts are reflected by our behaviors and attitude. This means that if you are thinking negative thoughts then that will automatically reflected in everything you do. If you want to make positive changes then you have to change the way you think.

mslianne

In developing positive attitude you don't need to overexert yourself just to make all the positive changes to happen. Our thoughts are reflected by our behaviors and attitudes. This means that if you are nurturing negative thoughts it will automatically reflected in everything that you do. If you want to make positive changes then you have to change the way you think. :)

chabella

All Lady
There are times when it is easier said than done and I think it happens to us all. We live in a world were people run around 24/7. Being able to remain calm in all types of situations takes practice and slowly I am getting the hang of it.

srj

This definitely helps with my life in all aspects. I never think about the past or the future, just the moment I live in!