Phone is broken

freshfoodie

A few days ago the data service on my phone quit working. I did everything I knew to do which was do a hard reboot, pull the SIM card and checked the settings to make sure something didn't get unchecked. I took it into the store and they did all the same things. They said that since none of those things worked I will have to do a factory reset. This is so annoying since I just got my phone set up the way I want it.

I have had to do this before too. It is very annoying since it takes me forever to set things up on a new phone. I don't like getting new phones because I hate having to re-do everything.

freshfoodie

Actually I did the factory reset, got the phone all set back up the way I wanted it and then the screen quit working about a week later. I ended up getting a new phone altogether via the warranty. I have had it almost 2 months and haven't even bothered arranging it at all.

artistry

Total aggravation. We are all dependent on our phones and it poses a problem, when they breakdown in some way or other. Perhaps a thrown away phone would be good to have as a spare, just in case.

Suzie

This happened to me once before. They didn't try a factory reset. Instead they sent me a new phone and I sent my old phone back to them. I wonder why my provider didn't try the factory reset first.

Ja'cobeC

Wow! You really complaining about setting up your phone again lol. I'm just playing, I understand how you feel because I went through that a week ago. I never set mines back up because I did so much to make it perfect. I don't feel like doing everything over again.

mudrock

If the factory reset doesn't work, I would get technical support a call. I know it can be stressful sometimes trying to reach them but it can really pay off. Hopefully the factory reset will fix the issue. I work for a cell company and I know how stressful it can be to not have your data working properly. Also make sure that a data block has not been added to your account online by accident.

The same thing happened to me about a month ago. I called tech support and had them to reset my phone. Good thing you was still under warranty.