Parsley

rayne

Does anyone grow parsely? I used to years ago and never really figured out what to use it for except a garnish. It's really a pretty plant and I would like to grow some again if I knew how to use it.

Sarah C.

Parsley is a great plant to grow. It is easy to do, and can be grown indoors.

Parsley is great in many types of foods! Use it in potato side dishes, soups, meat loaf etc...

You may also want to look online and see how it can be used to benefit your health.

dissn_it

There are different types of parsley that you can grow. Italian parsley (aka flat leaf parsley) is a good one and depending on your climate can be very easy to grow. One of my favorites is "lemon parsley", it actually has a hint of lemon aroma and flavor.

shaunche

I have grown parsley, we grew curly parsley - but I prefer Italian parsley. Parsley is very good for you, full of antioxidants and highly alkaline. Parsley is a very versatile herb, it can be used in most dishes.

Hyacinth

Parsley is one of my favorite herbs to use for my recipes. It is a good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A. It is also loaded with antioxidants. I haven't tried it but I read somewhere that it can be used as a hair rinse!

moondrop

Parsley is an easy herb to grow. Depending on your climate, it may come back up for several years. You do have to watch it in subsequent years or it will get leggy and bloom. I just snip back the woody stems and runners so that it doesn't have an opportunity to bloom and spread excessively.

Parsley is a good addition to marinara sauces.

Parker

Parsley is also good for getting rid of "garlic breath." I love garlic, but my friend doesn't. Parsley is a great breath freshner.

Hickorycottage

I grew parsley at the house I previously lived in. It was the flat leaves variety. I bought the plant, put it in the ground, and it took off it comes back every year. I like to use fresh parsley in soups, on chicken, as a tea for uric acid removal, and as a garnish, of course.

Parsley is also good for getting rid of "garlic breath." I love garlic, but my friend doesn't. Parsley is a great breath freshner.
Aha, I have found a gem here. I, too, like garlic and I eat them raw. At the moment, there is no one with me who would be hit by my garlic breathe. I will keep this in mind if and when I do meet someone I want to talk to intimately. In the meantime, I will have to see about growing some parley on my window sill.