No new fridge

freshfoodie

We were surfing Craigslist today and found an awesome stainless steel refrigerator. We were so excited because it was only 3 years old, exactly what we were looking for and only $400! We measured the space where our fridge is and the new one is a half inch too big so we can't get it. What a bummer!

That does suck! Stainless steel refrigerators are the best we used to have a huge one in our old home and YES, it did take up a lot of space.

That is a bummer to find a nice one for that price. I'm afraid we will run into that problem when we start looking for one soon. We only have once place to put it and it has to be a certain size and that's it.

jason

Have a great day
Ouch, that hurts. I would have been sanding down the sides of the wood to make it fit. But seriously that stinks. It is hard sometimes to pas sup on a good deal, but I'm sure it means something better may come along.

Carolynn

I hate it when that kind of thing happens! The fridge we have now came with the house, and it is seriously old and humongous. I can't get to quite a few of my cabinets because of it. We are hoping it will last until the tax returns for next year come in.

freshfoodie

Jason, trust me if sanding was an option we would have been doing it. The counter top would have had to be sliced off in order to fit it in.

hunysukle

That sucks! Maybe it wasn't meant to be (had serious issues)? A better deal might come along and surprise you!

Jessi

Ugh, that really sucks. :( I know the feeling of not being able to get the appliance you want, and it being that cheap? What disappointment!

Sugarhill

Who provided the measurements? The owners or did you go online to double check with the manufacturer? If this refrigerator is that great, then you owe it to yourself to make sure that you have the correct numbers before you let it pass by.

beckyv1265

I would have gotten it any way and put it on the porch for extra storage space. lol but then I have a bunch of kids to feed and I am alwyas running out of storage in the fridge and freezer.

That is definitely a bummer. If I could I would get all stainless steel appliances in my home. However, I know that they are a bit roomy. We recently got a flat top stove. I was so excited about it, but when we tried getting it in it measured to wide. We ended up taking off the base board of our wall and it slid in. I wanted the stove pretty bad. :)

Laurasav

I love my refrigerator so much I've jokingly(?) told my husband I want to be buried in it! It's old, we've moved it from its original house, and it's rusting out in the back so that he desperately tried getting me to agree to buying a new one. We looked at all the ones in all the stores, ones that would fit the space and that we could afford. I didn't like any of them! Mine is so much better and is built much better, with far more quality! Besides having more room inside than the new ones of comparable size, it has self-contained storage containers under the fridge shelves. I've never seen anything like it! The freezer shelves are far superior than any of the cheap shelves the new ones have. I didn't want to get rid of mine for anything new, so he had to fix up our old one. So far, so good! :)
I prefer black appliances. I love the sleek black look. They look nice w/the black granite counter tops. But my fridge is almond & sticks out like a sore thumb in my spiffy black kitchen! Oh well - I don't care! I love that fridge!!! My hubby says he'll paint it black. I'm still waiting....many years later....;)

artistry

Keep searching, the refrigerator that you will get, is out there. That one was not it. Just keep searching. Good luck.

chabella

All Lady
We are getting a new one this week and the guys are going to inclose it for us so it blends into the cabinets they plan to stain. You might be able to find fixer upper shops in your area, we hunted at tons of those too!

rosie

That's too bad. I was living in an apartment one time and they brought in a used fridge to replace one that had broken but the freezer was only big enough for a few ice cube trays. I made them take it back out so I understand how important having a great one is.