Natural Help For Awful Heartburn

Tight garments and belts increase pressure on the abdomen. Avoid wearing them or at least loosen them after meals.

Avoid lying down right after a meal. It can take several hours for the stomach to empty its contents into the intestine. Once that happens, regurgitation-and heartburn-are less likely. Don't eat near bedtime-for the same reason.

Try not to consume effervescent substances, such as soda water, that cause belching. It allows acid from the stomach to flow back into the esophagus.

Avoid bending over soon after meals; that can cause the stomach contents to back up into the esophagus.

Obesity increases pressure on the abdomen. Losing weight and exercising on a regular basis may help heartburn.

Does anyone else take natural supplements to avoid awful heartburn?

jason

Have a great day
Almonds are said to help. I've heard taking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar straight will help too.

toofillout

Go on a raw food diet and you will never have problems with digestion. Otherwise you can try to drink a lot of water and not over eat.

Thanks for posting these helpful natural tips for heartburn. I notice when I eat spicy food I experience heartburn. I love spicy food so I try to not let this bother me. It doesn't get too bad, but it is enough to make me uncomfortable. I will look back at these tips to see if they help next time I get heartburn.

Lena51

The all natural medicine for heartburn is plain applecider vinegar in water. Get the real one from the health food store. Pour a tablespoon in a glass of water and there you are no heartburn. Do this everytime before you eat and no more heart burn. It's that simple and you will feel the difference.

ashmonn

The best way that I have found to decrease heartburn, is for me to closely monitor what I ingest. I have found that when I eat foods that have a high carbohydrate content, I will have problems later on that night or the next day. So, to limit the occurrence of these episodes, I make sure that I limit my sugar intake, because this seems to be a prime trigger for me.

Nina

You can also buy those little feet that raise the head of your bed and leave the bottom of your bed flat on the floor. I found this does help. Also, taking a little baking soda in a glass of water helps.

HealthyS7

I also take papaya chews to help with my digestion and that is starting to help me with the heartburn. I buy a little roll and just keep them in my purse.

rosie

I've just started avoiding really spicy foods as I get older. I can't get onions on pizza anymore either and try to avoid them altogether.