natural hearburn relief

chabella

All Lady
What are some of the best ways to get rid of this? My husband had a little case of it last night and whatever we had in the house did nothing for him and I would like to know what else we could use.

wanderingherb

Fennel Seeds, Chamomile, Lavender, some use peppermint for some folks it makes it worse. Fennel works real well. See if you can find a blend of tea for indigestion. Make sure it at least has some fennel in it.

chabella

All Lady
I think the peppermint might be the trick, the better half is not always happy with my home remedies but if it helps him this time he might turn over a new leaf. I had heard about the lavender too but never new the best way to get everything together, tea sounds like the right approach (esp. for an antsy spouse).

Hyacinth

I just read that ginger ale might help relieve heartburn but make sure it contains ginger extract. I am not sure if you husband would like it, but another remedy is to put a piece of ginger in boiling water let steep then drink.

MarBell

I'm going to be in a town tomorrow where there is a Whole Foods store. I'm putting tea with fennel and chamomile on my shopping list right now, along with some good brand of ginger ale. My husband is having a really difficult time with heartburn right now. Thanks for the suggestions.

lettuce

I think limiting the foods that cause heartburn is a better solution rather than trying to put a band-aid on the symptoms. Heartburn culprits include: fried/greasy/fatty foods, butter/mayo/sauces/dressings, full-fat dairy, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and spicy or citrusy foods.