Moving cats back and forth and they are scared

Luvkenny

We have been dealing with fleas for about 3 weeks now. I keep moving our indoor cats out to the shop every time we bomb the house. The poor cats don't know what is going on. They both refuse to go to the living room (where the fleas are the worse). I hope once this is all over they will go back to normal and be happy go lucky cats. Anyone dealt with cats that deal with this?

I'm sure they will settle back down to normal once you get through. But, if you have 'bombed' more then once and the fleas are still showing up, you might want to call a professional.

Luvkenny

I did - bombed 4 times and called the exterminator too. Sorry I did not mention that in this post (another post). I hope they get back to normal! They are just scared right now.

ssamcd

Would you consider having your carpets cleaned in the whole house. Buy some spray you can spray on your carpet from your veterinarian or have him suggest some. Then have your house carpet deep cleaned with hot water. Wash all your floors with hot water. Continuously look for the little critters till they are gone. This is what I did. Make sure you keep flea collars on the cats so they do not get infected again or your hard work is useless. It is very frustrating. I have had it happen. Good Luck!

If you have the carpets cleaned you will get the eggs. I know a couple of years ago I had a nasty outbreak of fleas in my home on my dogs. I had to clean the carpets with a steam cleaner twice. Once I did this I did not have anymore fleas because I sucked up all the eggs.

Jessi

Make sure you are treating the cats extensively, too. If you're bombing the house, but the cats still have some flea eggs on them, then when you bring them back in, those hatch and you have to start all over.

chabella

All Lady
How are you moving them? If you just pick them up in your arms and carry them I could understand the confusion and skittishness of them. Have you thought about using a cat carrier with a towel over it to lessen the shock of the move?

I've had two cats a few years back and never had this problem but I'm sure you will all be able to get settled and cozy soon, so being patient only helps.