Missy The Cat

Goodness, I never realised that it's possible to make such a long tale out of a missing cat story. Too bad the missing cat owner is missing some sense of humor. I particularly liked the earlier posters especially this one:

I consider it to be very well-done. Did you notice that the reflection in the water had a cityscape skyline?

Waynefire

Cats and their owners can be quirky at times. I know for my cat I generally do not do anything like this, but I would think this would make a great movie setting for a person to produce in the cartoon format as long as the cat comes back home!

SifuPhil

That article was responsible for me becoming a fan of that site - he's usually quite hilarious. Sometimes he comes across as being petty or stubborn or downright nasty, but I suppose you have to take the good with the bad.

Part of "getting" the humor of this requires knowing his background story - he is (was?) an advertising agency writer who was always being put-upon by his fellow workers to volunteer his time and skills for their personal projects. I guess one day he just snapped. o_O

xenon

That was quite a hoot. Thanks. Not big on cats myself. And why do they like sitting on me when I visit friends with cats. I don't sit on them?:confused:
And Sifu thanks for giving some insight on the author. I'll have to read a little more of his jottings.

SifuPhil

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/04/wild-animal-simple-dog-goes-for-joy.html
Hilarious!

That's why I'm a cat person. My current room-mate has a Pekingese that has two Dracula fangs coming up from his lower lip and has the distinct habit of screaming whenever his mistress leaves the house. This isn't just a few regular barks - more like the sound produced when a soprano opera singer is tossed into a food blender. And it goes on and on and on ...

That said the dude was kind of douche. The last thing I want to hear somebody keep telling me is about animals with their hind legs crushed, when my cat is missing. I mean if I'm bothering you, then just tell me to sod off.
Yeah ... it was meant to be funny but I see what you mean - if I was the cat owner I'd be ticked-off too, but then I wouldn't have been asking him to produce free advertising for me ...

Esperahol

Hilarious!

That's why I'm a cat person. My current room-mate has a Pekingese that has two Dracula fangs coming up from his lower lip and has the distinct habit of screaming whenever his mistress leaves the house. This isn't just a few regular barks - more like the sound produced when a soprano opera singer is tossed into a food blender. And it goes on and on and on ...

Yeah ... it was meant to be funny but I see what you mean - if I was the cat owner I'd be ticked-off too, but then I wouldn't have been asking him to produce free advertising for me ...
Everything Ally writes is hilarious, and the stories about her dogs (both of whom are seriously messed up) are always entertaining. As for screaming dogs - you should read the story about moving to Ohio with the Simple Dog and The "Helper" Dog.

I can see how it was meant to be funny, but of couse like most examples of the sociopathic comedy trope it only goes so far before it becomes...eh. Like I said if she annoyed him and he didn't want to do it, all he had to do was go - "Bugger off". Two words.

SifuPhil

I just read most of Ally's newer stuff, and I'm sad to see she's in the throes of depression, to the point where she gave up writing the blog.

Her dogs were so funny - Simple Dog and the Guide Dog! That's exactly how some of my cats have acted over the years. Psyche was particularly memorable - she'd be all lovey and purring and rubbing against your leg, the next moment she'd be opening up your arteries and climbing your body to get to your eyes.

And people asked me why I named her Psyche - because the original had beaten both Cupid and Venus in relationship wars. :confused:

Esperahol

I just read most of Ally's newer stuff, and I'm sad to see she's in the throes of depression, to the point where she gave up writing the blog.

Her dogs were so funny - Simple Dog and the Guide Dog! That's exactly how some of my cats have acted over the years. Psyche was particularly memorable - she'd be all lovey and purring and rubbing against your leg, the next moment she'd be opening up your arteries and climbing your body to get to your eyes.

And people asked me why I named her Psyche - because the original had beaten both Cupid and Venus in relationship wars. :confused:
She's doing better now thankfully, but yeah she was depressed which actually makes me like her more... I mean the way she described it was just the way it feels to me when it grabs me. She is slowly getting back into it.

The dogs are awesome if odd, but I would dearly love to take them before I came anywhere near your hellcat Psyche. I have a thing about cats and firmly believe them to have an ancient vendetta against my very existence. No I am not exaggerating...much.