Meditation

Muesli

I would love to have a meditation corner in my home, but I don't have the room. Do you have similar to allow you to calm your inner self when needs be?

Maternal

Having a separate room for meditation would be great but I think meditation can be done almost anywhere at home. You can do it in the bedroom, workroom or even in a corner of your living room if it's convenient for you.

Muesli

That's the trouble isn't it-finding somewhere 'convenient'. It also needs to be calming to allow you to meditate. I can't seem to find the right combination in my home.

Naturified

Try and find a corner of your garden if you haven't the room in your house. That way you can be close to nature as well, and it can be even more soothing than just being in your favourite place.

Hedda

There are two everyday situations I find myself in that seem to naturally lend themselves to meditation. One is when I take my two dogs for a walk in the afternoon along the lake. The other is when I am in the bathtub!

Maternal

Yeah the bathtub is a good place to get yourself relaxed. Anyway, this discussion reminds me of a great yogi whose autobiography I read years ago. He can do meditation almost everywhere, including in the train or the busy market.

juno

It's good if you have a separate room for meditation. But, a separate room is not necessary, you can do meditation anywhere including in your bed room. Just spread the meditation mat down on the floor and do your meditation. It's that simple.