Lose Weight with Herbs

According to some medical research, here are the top 5 organic herbs that would help you lose weight:

1. Green tea (Camellia sinensis)

2. Banaba (Lagerostroemia speciosa)

3. Gymnema sylvestre

4. African mango (Irvingia gabonensis)

5. Bitter melon (Momordica charantia)

Hope this helps!

I have tried one green tea but it's probably not the same as the one you listed. Mine is sold under the name Yerba Mate. It comes from a 40-foot tree.

Parker

The only herb that's familiar to me is green tea. I have heard that it's really good for losing weight. I am going to be researching the other herbs. I need all the help I can get.

amy71219

I know green tea is supposed to be good for boosting your metabolism. I haven't heard of any of the others but will have to look into them. Thanks for the info!

strawberry

I know most of us here prefer to take herbal remedies when possible, but just be careful that none of these or any other herbal remedies interact with any prescription medication that you may be taking.

UmiNoor

The only familiar herb in the list is green tea. The others I have never heard of them. Perhaps you can furnish information about each herb and how one goes about taking them? Are they available in tablets or do you need to put them in your food?

misumaru15

I have heard of green tea and african mango for weight loss. I have only drank green tea and taken the supplements. Make sure these don't interact with any prescription meds you are taking.

hunysukle

Thank you for posting this information. Using herbs to lose weight is very healthy and safe because there are virtually no side effects. I have heard about Green Tea, but not the others. I would love to learn more about using herbs.

Wolfette

Mango must be pretty popular because it gets two rows at Walmart. I tried it and feel better overall, not sure if I really lost any weight. I think that any herb or fruit with high antitoxins properties, like those listed, really can't be harmful and just may do us all a bit of good. Just don't take with cupcakes or a Big Mac :rolleyes:

kat74

I don't know how banana is supposed to help me lose weight, every time I eat them frequently, have realized that I do hard weight. May be if a formula of how one is to eat them is given, then it may work.

I've heard of green tea for weight loss. I started drinking green tea often and seen the results. It seems to help shrink belly fat (that's been my personal experience).

Ja'cobeC

I know for a fact green tea makes you lose a lot of weight because it happened to make one summer. I heard of number 4 and 5 helps also. I didn't need to lose anymore weight so I wouldn't try it.

I don't think this really qualifies as an "herb", per se, but Dr. Oz recently recommended Rasberry Ketones as an effective supplement for weight loss, in addition to diet and exercise. I've been taking 125 mg twice a day for almost a month now and they seem to have helped reduce my appetite. Unlike prescription diet pills, they don't make me feel jittery or keep me up at night, either.

Laurasav

I didn't know green tea helps with weight loss, so that's lovely news to me. I don't know anything about the other herbs listed, but would like to know more about them and how they should be taken. The Raspberry Ketones supplement sounds good too. Exercise and diet are still key factors in any weight loss program.