Lemon water in the morning

Dreyfush

Lemon water is very beneficial for your body. It helps you flush out toxins in your system. I usually drink lemon water early in the morning before I take any other food. Just one thing, don't forget to add little salt in the lemon water before you drink it.

biggy

Instead of salt, it is better to add honey to lemon water. It not only tastes better but is also beneficial from health point of view. In fact, if lemon water is mixed with honey and is taken over a couple of months, it will result in weight loss too. In other words, it is a simple way to lose weight.

Dreyfush

I agree with you about using lemon water mixed with honey to lose weight. Of course a better result will be obtained if you also change your lifestyle especially your eating habit.

blueaura

Wow, I didn't know about this! I'm learning a lot from these forums. :) How much lemon do you mix with the water? Do you use half lemon juice and half water? I may try this today...I happen to have some lemons on hand!

paul

I was always told to cut a half a lemon and put it in a glass and beat it up so you get the oils out of the lemon, and just chug it back, no salt, no honey.

Koen

My wife prepares lemon water in the morning too! But she places honey, not salt. Any particular reason why you emphasize that we must put a little salt?