Is that for real?

Novembre

I have heard of amazing health benefits of apples, but I just read on another forum that apples are a good aphrodisiac. It was said that eating two apples a day keeps Via**a out of business. Is that for real?

Iben

Interesting. I have heard that avocados are considered a natural and healthy aphrodisiac. But I didn't know that apples are a good alternative to it. Though, I would be glad to keep Via**a out of business.

freshfoodie

I know that a lot of foods, including berries are natural aphrodisiacs but never apples. That is interesting. I would be interested in reading that article for sure.

Basil Nut

I'm continually amazed at how many people are looking for aphrodisiacs and how much demand there is for drugs of that nature. Mother Nature knows what she needs to do to us humans to keep the earth populated.

Greyhair

BN, that is a good point. I have never heard of apples being a good aphrodisiac, and I don't really care of it either. Just keep yourself fit and healthy, and your body and its parts will function well.

GlassSlipper

I agree, if you keep yourself healthy then everything will work like it should. I have never really put much stock in aphrodisiacs, natural or otherwise.

Iben

I agree with you. The need of an aphrodisiac to do what you are supposed to do with your partner can be a sign that there is something wrong with your body. And an aphrodisiac wouldn't solve the problem.

Myrrh

I once read in a magazine that avocados, chocolate and oysters are among the aphrodisiac foods. I haven't heard of apples being on the list. Apple is one of my favorite fruits, but I wasn't aware of what it can do in terms of that aspect. :D

Paisley

I've never heard of this side benefit of apples. I do know that I feel better and work better when I eat apples. I don't think it's a mental thing either. Apples are great for everything, so why not one's sex life?

strawberry

I've heard that strawberries and chocolate are an aphrodisiac, but apples is a new one to me. I like nothing better than a hard crunchy apple, especially in the fall when they've just been picked. I'll never look at apples in quite the same way again.

wanderingherb

I don't know about apples being aphrodisiac, always thought it was strawberries. BUT, in fact there are herbal health supports for a male's libido. Some folks do need it. Most of the herbs are Chinese. Many times the reason is not due to nature but to an imbalance in the glandular system. It isn't meant as a replacement to the V, but instead support male glandular health.
LOL. Funny thread.

By the way, I found out by accident that if I eat a pear or an apple prior to sleep, I actually sleep better. Curious. Wonder if those two fruits contain a similar enzyme or other that I need in my body. Never ever would I think of eating fruit prior to bedtime, but I was craving an apple. So I continued this for a couple of weeks then none. It truly was the pear or apple. Strange. So who knows.