Incontinence

dirtnut

I've recently started having problems with incontinence (after three large babies this is not unusual) and I was wondering if there is a natural way to help me get it under control. Any ideas?

jason

Have a great day
Pumpkin seed is actually being researched on its properties that help urinary incontinence. They also taste good. :)

Charity

There are the kegel exercises that you can try also. It helps to tighten up the bladder muscles. You should ask your OBGYN about them.

smellsrfun

Kegel exercises are supposed to be great for tightening your muscles in that area. They are quick, easy and no one knows you are even doing them. Just keep squeezing them together and hold it for a count to 10.

Janet

Kegels and pumpkin pie! I know the kegels work fast and they have other added benefits. I think the pumpkin seeds have been confirmed in a few studies to help with incontinence.

spock

Yes, you need to undertake a combination of activities like some physical exercises and change in food habits. Usually, incontinence is on account of weak nerves. You can make your nerves stronger by physical exercises like Kegel exercises. Take walnuts and almonds to keep your health in shape.

SallyA

The Mayo Clinic Site has a very good article on Kegel Exercises and how to do them. There's a device they say you can use. Is it necessary to use the device or can you just contract and relax the muscles without it?

Clover

Along with those exercises try using the juice from pomagranite, sesame seeds and cranberry juice. All of those help tone the bladder which is the muscle you are trying to control.

biggy

First, you need to take a nutritious diet. Take fruit juices and you should also go for multivitamin tablets. In addition, you should undertake some abdominal exercises to strengthen your abdominal muscles. I'm sure with some patience and perseverance you can overcome your problem. Take care.