I got a juicer!!

LillyZ

I scored a juicer from a garage sale. I came home, cleaned it out and tested it! It works! I have always wanted to try drinking fresh made juice to help cleanse my body and to lose weight. Does anyone have any tips, suggestions or recipes for turning fruits and vegetables in to yummy juices?

Jessi

Woohoo! That's awesome!

And really, the best part about juicing is that you can combine all sorts of random things and come out with great tasting juices. My best tip is that if something turns out not sweet enough for you, an apple can go a long way to correcting it....or a teaspoon of honey.

Sugarhill

My only suggestion would be to take care to not overdo it with juicing. Even with the healthiest intentions, too much juicing can still lead to health issues as far as too much sugar and too much of one nutrient, not enough of another and the potential blocking of the purpose of any medication that you may be on.

alid1

I love to juice a lemon or two and an apple or two. It is the best most refreshing lemonade ever! Also carrots celery and an apple, make a great juice. When I have a cold , I juice a couple radishes with celery and carrots. Radishes are good for breaking up mucus.

shaunche

Juicers are best for vegetables. One of my favourite vegetable juice concoctions is spinach, mint and cucumber. I'm not keen on juicing fruit often, it is extremely insulinogenic because you are removing the fiber, not particularly healthy.

lovelikewinter3

I got one for my birthday and still haven't taken it out of the box! I keep meaning to, but life keeps getting in the way. I'm moving into a bigger place soon though, so hopefully I will be more likely to with the space :) I'm excited to try it out!!

Nina

A juicer is on our list, and we hope to finally get one before the weather gets cold again. I've been collecting recipes for healthy breakfast drinks we can prepare quickly.

iluvmario

I love to juice as often as possible for the health benefits. My favorite juice is apple, carrot and celery with pineapple sometimes. Yummy!

iampeebs

Since you have had it a few months, how are you liking it? Do you think buying a juicer is worth it? I think one would be cool, but also think it might be an expensive decoration.