Honey can help your hair grow...

I don't need any help with growing my hair since I already have more than enough hair. Somehow putting honey on hair seems such a waste. Perhaps we can get the same benefits by eating honey instead. That would seem to be more reasonable.

Jesi

Well honey is at a premium with the bee shortage.

Apparently the decoction uses cat gut but I forget what else.

Honey is a wonderful addition to recipes for an herbal scalp tonic. I use honey and a few drops of rosemary, thyme and lavender. Apply to freshly washed hair and cover with a moist, steamed towel. Leave the towel in place for about 20 minutes. Follow with a mild organic shampoo. Rinse with clear, cool water for an invigorating hair treatment.

jovan107

Honey is great for hair growth. I use honey as apart of my homemade deep conditioning treatment. Honey leaves my hair feeling smooth and soft. I use it once every two weeks. I started to regrow my have two years ago after cutting it all off. My homemade deep conditioner consists of honey, eggs, mayonnaise, and sometimes avocados.

blossom730

I knew that honey was good for adding moisture to hair, but I did not know that it promotes hair growth. I have used it a few times as part of my deep conditioning and my hair comes out softer. I will be using it more often to see if it makes a difference in how fast my hair grows. I have thin edges and would like to see them get a little thicker. I am also going to try the hair massage that was suggested.

Greenwoman

I am not too certain about honey helping with hair growth, but I do know that it is great to use on the skin as a toner! I also endorse using aloe vera gel to help with hair growth. Don't let it dry on your scalp though otherwise it will look like you have serious dandruff.

By the way, my endorsements mean absolutely nothing, I am not a doctor.

Aletha

I've never heard of honey for hair growth but my husband had terrible trouble with various sores in his head and the doctor had no explanation for them. I bought some tea tree oil and had him to use it on his head about an hour before he washed his hair and the problem is solved! Tea tree oil is wonderful!

iluvmario

I have not heard anything about honey assisting in hair growth. It is a humectant so it draws moisture in from the air to help to improve the health of hair. Thus preventing breakage and assisting in hair retention so your hair can grow longer.

aquafina

I'm going to have to say that I am sure the rubbing of the scalp in those directions do more for growing hair than the actual ingredients. It increases blood flow and increases hair growth. You don't have to use a bunch of supplements or make a sticky mess. However, honey and olive oil does moisturize which can lead to maintaining more length.

Carolynn

I had not heard of honey or aloe vera for hair before seeing this. I don't really have a problem with length, but I would like to find some ways to make it look healthier and smoother.

brighteyes79

For those who have tried it, is it hard to wash the honey out of your hair? Since it is so sticky it just seems like it might be difficult. I have tried the aloe vera on my hair and it worked really well.