Honey and olive oil hair conditioner

I use a similar concoction. I use honey, olive oil, one egg, and mayonnaise as a protein treatment/deep conditioner. I've been using these mixture for almost two years and I rarely have a problem with breakage anymore.

mudrock

I recommend Baking soda also for your hair. I have been using that for a while now and just recently got into apple cider vinegar. It does my hair justice and leaves in soft and smooth. I never tried honey because it seems that it may get too sticky but I will give it a shot.

beckyv1265

I prefer using coconut oil over olive oil on my hair. I do love olive oil on my skin though. Honey rinses really easy in warm water. Aloe is also great for helping remove the excess oil out of the hair.

Waynefire

I do not see why this would not work. If I remember right the ancient Romans used to use this to wash their hair in. It worked perfect for them, so I would think it would still work except we are so used to chemicals in everything we have.

Suzie

I don't see how you would be able to get the olive oil out of your hair without washing with some sort of soap. The honey I understand. The olive oil would make my hair insanely greasy.

shaunche

I am so excited about my concoction, it is Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar and baking soda for shampoo and coconut oil for a conditioner.
Mix approximately 1 tablespoon of baking soda in warm water to make a paste. Massage into hair and scalp. Let set for about the time it takes to shave your legs.. Then rinse. Mix about 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with warm water. Spray or pour from a cup onto hair. Massage hair the same length of time you would any other shampoo.
For a leave in conditioner use a small amount of coconut oil.
Coconut oil is an excellent natural conditioner and moisturiser. I buy extra virgin coconut oil, heat it by rubbing it in the palm of my hands and rub if into my scalp. My dry scalp problem has disappeared since using coconut oil.

misumaru15

This sounds like a pretty good natural conditioner. Honey will draw moisture into the hair. Aloe is very moisturizing and nourishing. Olive oil is a great oil for hair also.