Homemade summer toner

Carolynn

Since so many of you ladies liked some of the other skin care "recipes" I posted here is another one. I have been using it for a week and I can really tell a difference. I am down here in Georgia and apparently we have skipped right over Spring and shot straight into summer.

1/2 cup witch hazel
1/4 cup water (Tea, especially green or chamomile, is even better!)
1/4 cup lemon juice
5 drops natural vegetable glycerine
5 drops lavender essential oil
2-3 drops peppermint essential oil

Place all ingredients in a small bottle and shake well. Just squeeze a little out on a cotton ball when you are ready to use it! :)

Lcd975

This sounds good! I would use this especially during that time of the month where I would experience breakouts. I would follow up with a light oil for moisturizing. Thank you for sharing!

This sounds like an awesome natural recipe for a summer toner! I hate using products that contain so many harmful chemicals. The peppermint essential oil is probably very cooling on your face during the hot summer months.

hunysukle

Thanks for the recipe! I would love to try that sometime. I am currently using Juice Oragnics, which is an environmental toner that contains antioxidants. It's certified organic and great for your skin. It also contrains witch hazel. I think it costs around $10 on drugstore.com.

konstantina

Do you use lavender for aroma only? I would like to add some lemon essential oil for the scent as I like it better.

Great post - I am excited to try it out this summer. I really appreciate the all natural ideas such as this since I tend to have sensitive skin. Plus it definitely makes me feel better than trying all of those over the counter ones that you have no clue what is in them!

misumaru15

This sounds great. I will have to try it. I just have to find some essential oil. Any ideas on where to find some?

BonnyC

Since so many of you ladies liked some of the other skin care "recipes" I posted here is another one. I have been using it for a week and I can really tell a difference. I am down here in Georgia and apparently we have skipped right over Spring and shot straight into summer.

1/2 cup witch hazel
1/4 cup water (Tea, especially green or chamomile, is even better!)
1/4 cup lemon juice
5 drops natural vegetable glycerine
5 drops lavender essential oil
2-3 drops peppermint essential oil

Place all ingredients in a small bottle and shake well. Just squeeze a little out on a cotton ball when you are ready to use it! :)
I can't wait to try this! What, specifically, are the benefits to using it? I don't really use a toner and tend to stay out of the sun as much as possible because I'm an indoorsy type of person :p

I'm in Georgia, too. I can't believe this weather! Last winter could barely even be called winter. Of course, this week is a bit different. It's kind of chilly and seems more like spring to me.

Back to the recipe, is this good for acne prone skin? There's some astringents in there, so I'm figuring that it is.