Herbs that promote energy?

aunaturel

As I get older, my energy lags, especially in the afternoon. I know part of it is due to sleep deprivation (thank you, menopause!), but I need something to give me a boost in order to get what I need to done.

jason

Have a great day
Green tea will help along with ginkgo and ginseng. Vitamin B-12 should also help.

aunaturel

I do take a B-complex to boost my thyroid but it doesn't seem to give me much of an energy boost. I may be just used to the effects. I don't like green tea at all, but I'll give gingko and ginseng a try in something else. I wonder if the green tea extract capsules would affect energy?

Hyacinth

Gingko is said to provide an energy-boosting effect. Another herb that can give you an energy lift is licorice. Some say that this herb can help fight off fatigue.

Greenwoman

I concur with Jason. I would, however, be very careful with Ginseng. I was one time studying for a test and took some Ginseng vitamins to help keep me awake. When I finished studying, I couldn't go back to sleep and I was profusely sweating.

On the other hand, if your sleeping is an issue, you may want to try something like catnip or passion fruit tea to help you sleep better.

sPeeDeeBee

Couple things. First, been drinking a tea of catnip + valerian root lately...great sleepy buzz it provides, & real quickly! Second, anyone know much about maca root?

Greenwoman

From what I read online, it sounds like maca root affects one's hormones, give energy, and clear up acne; however, there are other sites that warn about taking maca, warning to talk to an herbal practitioner before taking it.