Herb Walks

aphil

I really love to go on guided herb walks to learn the native herbs of the land. It is great being out in nature and being able to see the herbs first hand and how they grow and their different signatures.
It also helps me to be self sufficient in that I can confidently go out to find and gather some of the herbs I need, rather than having to purchase them.
Have any of you ever gone on herb walks or even conducted a herb walk before?

I love walking in the forest here in NW Montana. There are several edible plants. I harvest berries, wild sage and rose hips. Rose hips can be dried and added to your favorite blend of herbal tea. On my adventure walks I once found an old cabin that had mint and thyme planted around the foundation. The herbs had spread and were growing vigorously in the wild. I dug up a few plants and successfully transplanted them to my home herb garden.

aphil

Wow Marlene, your walk through the forest sounds so exciting. Especially the rosehips and the berries! I always drink rose hips tea and I love it a lot. That mint and thyme were quite a find too. I can imagine they have added nice aromas to your herb garden as well.
Did someone help acquaint you with the forest, or did you just strike out on your own? It takes a calm and confident spirit to go on adventures such as yours.