Heat Protectant

Greenwoman

I recently purchased some heat protectant from Walmart, and I tried it and noticed that it made my hair's texture a bit stiff. I had added moisturizer before putting on the heat protectant. What causes it to make my hair so stiff?

I think the heat protectors are mostly just waxes. I would try spraying it on a brush and brushing it through your hair until it's dry and repeat the process a couple or few times depending on how thick your hair is. Also start mid length before brushing through the roots

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

Greenwoman

I'm a little confused, are you not supposed to apply heat whenever your hair is damp? The instructions on the bottle say to apply it to damp hair and then style. Also, I have heard a lot of people say to dampen hair before flat ironing.

I'm not sure but I'm willing to bet if you color your hair or anything that you may want to avoid straightening when wet. Idk I think its hard to apply the same directives to everyone's hair since there are so many variables. I do know that there are flat irons made for wet hair that maybe would be worth looking into

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

Greenwoman

I could be totally wrong. It was something that I had read on my hair care research. I am black, and I have thick curly hair. I've stopped perming, and I am trying to go all natural, but I still need a way to make the roots behave.