HEALTHY SNACKS TO FILL THE TUMMY

claudine

For me the best healthy snacks are raisins because they're so sweet and almonds - I love almonds. I also eat often some dried apricots or plums, I find dried fruits delicious. Recently, I've discovered dried cranberry and now I'm addicted to it!:p

Beef jerky ...its expensive but low cal high protein portable and needs no regiridge or microwave

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk

freshfoodie

A snack, no matter what it is, should contain a little carb (for instant energy) and a little protein (for sustained energy). That said some things are far better than others. I like fresh fruits and veggies for my carbs and nuts or homemade nut butters,milk, cheese or yogurt for my protein.

hunysukle

I personally eat peanuts or bananas when I'm craving a healthy snack. Sometimes I make myself an egg salad sandwich on wheat bread. Egg is very filling, as with the bread. I also love Nature Valley sweet and salty bars, but I end up eating too many!

Basil Nut

I want to make some hummus, which I really don't know how to do properly, and see if my husband would like it as a nutritious snack throughout the day. He's home most of the time, and it's hard to keep him in healthy food.

chabella

All Lady
Whole grain crackers are a must in our house and even the kids like them which is great. We are at the point now where produce makes its way onto the list each week too, after all of this time I could not be more proud of the snack pack in this place.

Esperahol

I enjoy yogurt with or without extras. I also enjoy various kinds including Greek although sometimes I find it a bit much,

iluvmario

I made baked chickpeas from a can today. They were great they tasted like corn nuts. Here is the recipe, enjoy!

Chickpea Nibbles
Adapted from Power Foods
Makes 1 cup

2 cups chickpeas, cooked
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
sprinkle of cayenne pepper
sea salt to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pat chickpeas dry, then toss in a bowl with oil, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until crunchy, stirring occasionally, 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with extra paprika and salt if necessary. Let cool before serving. Chickpeas may be kept in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature.

aquafina

When I want a snack to fill my stomach I usually reach for juice, a smoothie or popcorn. I do think popcorn is the best for this though. I would have to eat a LOT of grapes or other fruits to get the full filling, but that is maybe just me.

Iluvmario, I try to make bake chickpeas and they never turn out right for me. They are just kind of bland. Do you ever have this problem? If so, what did you do to get over it?