Has Anyone Tried Comfortis

Aletha

I just tried Comfortis, the flea pill which last 30 days, on my dogs today. The first thing, my older dog threw up. I should have stuck with my home made stuff because now he is developing diarrhea. I hope this stops before he gets dehydrated. He's 12 years old and in ill health anyway and I was a fool to try this on him. I usually use canning salt on the house and the natural products using citronella on the dogs but I thought I would try something new. Bad idea. Anyone had any experience with this stuff?

Sage

Yes, I used it on our older dog. He had reactions to topical medications, but did fine with Comfortis. What type of dog do you have? I think some dogs are more sensitive to certain types of medications than others.

My sister swears by it but I am still a little scared to give it to my Lab. I want to know how it works out as well because it would be so much more convenient than the topical stuff but I can't take these damn fleas.

Jessi

Awww, your poor dog.

I haven't tried it myself but I'm betting your dog is just sensitive to it. Lesson learned and now you can try something else or go back to the methods you were using before.

sandooch

I've never heard of this medication. I used Frontline a couple months ago, and that worked for about 2 weeks. I'll never buy that again. I just put some Advantage on my 3 cats and 1 dog a couple days ago. So far no fleas that I can see, but we'll see in a couple weeks if they come back. I'll definitely check out this pill though.