Harvested My Herbs

Aletha

I just got my herbs harvested right before the rain started. I went through it and got the bad leaves off of the stalks and hung them from a rafter in my kitchen. I hung them near the heating vent so they can get the benefit of the heat to help them dry. They look so nice hanging there!

Healthy4Me

I actually harvested the majority of mine a couple of weeks ago. We had a frost warning for one night and I got in the herb garden after I got home from work that night and harvested all of mine. Mine are in a heated shed I use for wood working so they have a good place to dry.

I did some of that a while back. That is the one thing I like about growing all different kinds of Herbs, being able to hang them in all the different places through out the house to dry out. You get all those different smells.

Healthy4Me

I love that but the snow hit before I could get out in the garden. I have some mint that is still in good condition, but it looks like I will have to use some of the stuff I harvested this summer.

I love herbs and having them inside the house. I'm thinking of starting an indoor herb garden in my kitchen window. It has a large window seal and gets lots of light, so we will see how it goes. :)

jason

Have a great day
Still got some growing here. Going to try and plant some more this weekend. They grow pretty well through the winter here as long as it is not as bad as last years winter. I've got a few things like basil that can be cut back.

rayne

Basil was the last thing I harvested right before the killing frost. Hung it in the kitchen and the aroma throughout the house was wonderful. Nothing like a fresh, outdoor, natural aroma.

naturelady

I bet your house smells fantastic!

I didn't get as good a harvest as I wished this year, and so all my harvesting was done a month or so ago.