Harvard adding a nontraditional medicine institute

StarGazer

What I don't get is how they can call herbal medicine and natural medicine 'nontraditional'. It doesn't get any more traditional, does it? Herbs and other natural medicines have been in use since cavemen. If anything, it's Western medicine that's nontraditional.

jolee

StarGazer wrote:
If anything, it's Western medicine that's nontraditional.
I so agree. It's quite ridiculous how 'modern medicine' has gotten so many so turned around. Thankfully, more and more of us are taking responsibility for our own health, and finding solutions outside of the mainstream medicine.

Last edited:

StarGazer

People have finally realized that many of the Big Pharma solutions have unwanted, and often severe, side effects. Also most 'modern' medicine is aimed at treating symptoms only, not preventing disease. If more people ate right and took care of themselves, they wouldn't get sick in the first place.

chabella

All Lady
I have thought about that myself too but I figure why try to teach the masses, most do not even care to start with so I doubt many would really listen on the subject. I can not wait for the day when all open their eyes to realize how much they have been missing due to the big companies out there.

MissEm

I think this is absolutely fantastic and I am so glad to hear it! What a great way to remove the "hocus pocus" factor of herbs and make natural healing more mainstream. Way to go, Harvard!!