Grapeseed Oil

Parker

I have recently started using grapeseed oil in place of olive oil. It has a lighter taste and a high boiling point. I use it to sauteed vegetables and make homemade salad dressing.

Is anyone else using this oil?

dissn_it

I haven't tried it but I do keep hearing alot about it. I am glad that you posted this. Now I know that it can take a higher heat than what olive oil can. I was not too sure about the flavor of it. I will just have to give a try and find out for myself what it tastes like.

AnonaMoss

I have used grapeseed oil before for my skin, and I loved it. I've never tried it for cooking though. I'm usually just a fan of coconut and olive oil for cooking. I will try this though. It sounds like it could be a slightly sweet oil; what kind of flavor does it have?

beckyv1265

I love grape seed oil. The oligomeric-proantho cyanidines are one of the best anti-oxidents around. Its also great in salads. So light.

Parker

I haven't tried it but I do keep hearing alot about it. I am glad that you posted this. Now I know that it can take a higher heat than what olive oil can. I was not too sure about the flavor of it. I will just have to give a try and find out for myself what it tastes like.
It has a very light taste. It doesn't overpower the food like olive oil can.

I have used grapeseed oil before for my skin, and I loved it. I've never tried it for cooking though. I'm usually just a fan of coconut and olive oil for cooking. I will try this though. It sounds like it could be a slightly sweet oil; what kind of flavor does it have?
I never thought about putting it on my skin. I can't tell if it has a taste. Maybe my tastebuds aren't sharp enough. When I use it to make salad dressing, I just take the mustard and vinegar. I love to make homemade honey mustard vinaigrette.

hunysukle

I've never cooked with grapeseed oil, but I've heard it works great on skin. It may even help prevent wrinkles, as it keeps skin supple. I used to use almond oil on my face, as well.

Jenene

I have picked it up several times to buy, but always put it back and pick up olive oil instead.. I hear so many good things about it. Recently, I was reading that it is great for hair because of the antioxidants in it. I am just going to have to try it

Parker

I've never cooked with grapeseed oil, but I've heard it works great on skin. It may even help prevent wrinkles, as it keeps skin supple.
I have picked it up several times to buy, but always put it back and pick up olive oil instead.. I hear so many good things about it. Recently, I was reading that it is great for hair because of the antioxidants in it.

Next time I'm going to buy an extra bottle just for my skin and hair. I tried to use olive oil on my skin, but it didn't work well for me. Not only did it feel heavy on my skin, I didn't help my dry skin.

dziomek

I have recently started using grapeseed oil in place of olive oil. It has a lighter taste and a high boiling point. I use it to sauteed vegetables and make homemade salad dressing.

Is anyone else using this oil?
I have used it in the past, and was very happy with it. I bought mine from Watkins a few years ago. I am unsure of the flavor of the grapeseed oil itself as I bought one withe basil and one with garlic added. They were both very good; the basil one was great for dipping fresh baked bread in.

Parker

the basil one was great for dipping fresh baked bread in.
That sound so delicious. I bought my oil at Trader Joe's. I'm not sure if they had different flavors, but I will definitely check next time. I wonder if the basil grapeseed oil can be used to make basil pesto instead of olive oil. I'm going to try it out very soon!

I use grape seed oil to cook with as well as on my skin and hair. Because it has a high heat tolerance I use it as a heat protectant whenever I flat iron my hair.

SoftRain

I've never had grape seed oil but I am intrigued. It would be nicer to have something with a higher smoke point than olive oil.

ssamcd

I have never tried grape seed oil. I have heard great things about it. The Europeans folk healers used the sap from the grape vine to cure eye and skin conditions. Thanks for the tip, I am going to try some. :)