Going to sleep with makeup on

hunysukle

Do you ever forget to remove your makeup before going to bed? I try to always wash my face before going to bed because I read that sleeping with makeup on can cause wrinkles.

Luvkenny

I always wash my face and put moisturizer on before going to bed. I think I might have skipped this a total of 10 times in my adult life. It's an important step in my nightly routine.

josh0322

I haven't ever slept with makeup on my face aside from maybe some leftover halloween paint but I can't imagine sleeping with makeup on is good for your skin. I feel like your skin would need to breath during the nighttime and if it's caked on with makeup none of the pores can breath...

Melissa

I'm probably the worst at this! Basically I just set a reminder on my iPhone every night before bed to remind me and that seems to do the trick :) because of you don't your skin will bee crying break out in no time

Parker

Sometimes I do. I fall asleep working or watching television. It's a great thing I don't wear a lot of makeup. Most of it has faded away by the end of the day anyway.

dissn_it

I can't say that I have never done this, because I have. I don't wear a ton of makeup so I have never had any problems happen as a result. I am older now and I don't have any wrinkles other than the normal ones I would get at my age anyways.

Jessi

I sometimes forget and while I don't worry about wrinkles, it definitely causes me to break out. I frequently leave eyeliner/mascara on, but if I'm wearing any sort of foundation or power, it has to come off or I'll pay for it the next several days. I love just using baby wipes to remove it quickly if I'm ever so tired that I don't want to go through a full face-washing routine.

I don't wear a lot of makeup and what I do wear is mostly gone by the end of the day but I never go to bed without washing my face off. Even if I haven't had makeup on, there is still dirt on your face from the day. I keep a pack of baby wipes next to the bed for those nights that I have been out and all I want to do is go to bed, just a quick wipe and I am ready for bed.

Lena51

I would never leave that stuff on my face ever. It is not a natural product and it really should never be used. Maybe they have some natural products nowaday but who knows. I don't wear that makeup anymore on my face because I like for my skin to breathe. I use this only in a must have a little on my face on a very special occassion and wash it off as fast as possible. And I try to find one as close to a natural product as possible

Laurasav

I always wash makeup off before I go to bed and then apply a good moisturizer. There was only one time in my life that I purposely went to bed with my makeup still on. I wanted to be the first in line to get a great Black Friday deal, so I decided to leave my makeup on so I could just roll out of bed, not spend any time on my appearance, & run out the door in the morning.

I sometimes forget as well after a long day who wants to be scrubbing war paint off of their face? Not me, I do try to keep my face clean, moisturized, and exfoliated. Sometimes, I'm not able to wipe my eyeliner completely off so I let it fade on it's on. I don't like to scrub in my eyes. I should probably stop wearing make up huh? ;)

Myrrh

I believe that sleeping with my makeup on is something that I never do. I always wash my face before going to bed. Cleansing is one of the basic techniques in skin care. I wear very minimal makeup actually on regular days, just face powder and a little eye shadow plus lipstick, but I make sure not to leave them on my skin while sleeping at night.

Mrs. Rogers

I try really hard not to. Sometimes when I do wash my face my eye liner just doesn't come all the way off and I'm too lazy to finish removing it.

rayne

Taking your makeup off before bed is extremely important. Younger women may not think this is important but when they get to be my age, they will wish they had. Sleep is a time for your skin to rejuvinate itself and if the makeup is still there, it doesn't have the chance. Young women, teenagers......take care of your skin. It's the largest organ you have.

I fell asleep with make up once and it broke my skin out. Since then I always try to make sure I wash my face prior to going to sleep.

beckyv1265

I don't normaly wear makup on my face. I do wear eye makeup though and occasionaaly a little mineral blush. I also never use soap on my faace. I clean my face and remove makup with a moisturizer. I am 46 and still don't have wrinkles. I wet my wash cloth with warm water and squeese moisturizer on it and use circular motions to loosen any makeup or dirt thna rinse off with aa clean daamp cloth. Soap does too much damaage to my skin. I havn;t used it in 40 years on my face.

Scarletpyxi

If this can cause wrinkles I am going to be in trouble in a few years! I always seem to forget to wash off my makeup, it is such a bad habit. I also forget to take out my contacts, so maybe if I start doing one I will remember the other...food for thought, especially after reading this post! I just need to find the motivation to remember to do things that late.

MJ175

:) :p For as long as I can remember, I have never ONCE removed my make-up before going to bed. Call me lazy, but it just never seemed necessary. When I'd wake up the next day, whatever stayed on stayed on, and I'd just add to that. Never had any skin problems either, my skin is as clear as a bright sunny day. :cool:

This is the number 1 rule in skin care actually, don't sleep with your make-up on. No matter how tired you are, make it a point to really clean your face because you may not notice the harm now but in the future you'll regret it. It's not going to be healthy for your skin anyway if you don't wash those dirt and germs caused by your make-ups.

shaunche

Sleeping with your make up on is a good way to cause spots. The make up blocks the pores, preventing sebum being released, causing pimples and spots. There are also lots of harmful chemicals in make up, the toxins will seep through the skin and into your bloodstream.