Fresh lemon for facial

hunysukle

Lately I've been using fresh lemon on my face. It tightens and brightens my skin, leaving it feeling very clean and soft. I just rub the lemon pulp onto my entire face, being very careful to avoid areas around my eyes! Today I accidentally got the lemon too close to my eyes, and oh boy did they burn!! I only use 1/4 of a lemon per day, and lemons only cost about $0.10 each.

Lena51

You know, I know this really works and I had forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me to go back to what I use to use on my face. I know this works because when I was younger, I use to use this and it kept my skin so soft and tight. Thanks for the reminder. I will make a special trip to the store just for the lemons.

I actually haven't ever tried this but will certainly do so now. It's nice to know that such simple cheap things can do the same thing as some of those very expensive products they try to sell you.

dissn_it

I have never heard of using lemons for a facial. It sounds like it works really good and it is a heck of a lot cheaper than any facial product on the market. I'll give this a try the next time I get some lemons. Nice share, thanks!

Pat

I can remember reading something like this some time back. Ladies of color have used lemon to lighten dark spots on hands.

Myrrh

One of my senior aunts has been using lemon as part of her skin care routine. She cuts a lemon into two then rub it on her face. She has dark spots, so she hopes lemon helps in the whitening.

beckyv1265

Lemon contain disinfecting and insecticide properties as well. The rutin helps strengthen veins and prevents fluid retention. I have my teenagers use it to control acne on their faces. They rub it on after the wash their faces. The pores get disinfected and tighten up. This helps keep excess dirt and bacteria from getting trapped in the pores leading to the pimple formation.

ssamcd

I never heard of this, but I am going to try it. Can't beat it for 10 cents a lemon. Thanks for the great tip!

I tried this once but it appears that my skin is sensitive to the citric acid or something. It burned like crazy and left a little rash in some places. I have trouble with some of the products I have tried from Lush as well.

misumaru15

Lemon is a good toner. I know I am going to be adding some lemon to my lotion for my feet. It smells good and I just throw on a pair of socks.

TabithaW

I love using lemon in the shower. My favorite way to use it is to add a little white sugar to the juice. It makes an amazing lemon sugar scrub and you can not beet the price!

beckyv1265

Lemon is also great for cleaning. Its a natural degreaser and disinfectant. I also love the smell and love how my bathroom smells when I add lemon to my cleaning solution. Its also refreshing in a bath.

Scarletpyxi

This is a wonderful skin purifier, oranges are also great for the skin. I have been mixing organic lemon juice with organic strawberry yogurt in a mask for years, and I swear by it. I definitely recommend using organic or natural ingredients though, especially when you are trying to clear up toxins on your skin.

artistry

Lemon doesn't dry the skin out? It sounds refreshing and I have heard about the lightening technique, just seems the acid would dry out the moisture in the skin.

gina121

I've always found lemons on their own very drying on my face, although I'll admit they do brighten your face. Adding some moisturizing base to it usually helps keeping the dryness at bay.

I have always wanted an organic product that will help me tighten my pores and thanks to you I now found out that I can use lemons! I love the fact that it's very affordable too! So thanks again and I'm excited to try this tonight!!

misumaru15

I wonder if the same is true of limes? I picked up a few limes as they were on sale. On the next trip I'll just pick up more lemons. They make everything smell nice, especially the garbage disposals.

AnonaMoss

I've used lemon as a natural chemical peel, but i don't use it unless I have some dark spot(s) that I want to get rid of or a pimple I want to medicate. I think lemon juice can be very harsh on sensitive skin so I don't like to use it in it's fresh form unless I have to. Even when I dilute it, it's still harsh on my skin. I have a witch hazel and lemon skin toner that I really like. I also use ACV on my skin and I find that I get the same results as I do using the lemon.

shaunche

Lemon is an excellent natural cleanser because it has anti-bacterial properties. I've never thought of rubbing lemons over my skin but I've used lemon juice in natural face masks etc. Do you just slice the lemon and rub it over your skin?