Fresh baked goods

freshfoodie

I have to get inventive when it is so hot out so I made some cinnamon rolls in the grill. I put them in the pan like I normally would and then put the pan in the grill on low. It took them about 30 minutes to cook and they are delicious.

Myrrh

I love anything cinnamon! :D Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite baked goods. Sometimes I make cinnamon rolls, but I have never tried cooking it in the grill. I guess I should include it on my must-try list.

I use my grill a lot during the summer to cook, just to keep from heating up the kitchen. I sometimes use the upper shelf for baked goods and they always come out great.

dissn_it

That is a really good idea to use the grill as an oven for baked goods. That is something that I have never tried to do before. I just made cinnamon rolls this past weekend but will try it on the grill the next time I make them.

That's a clever idea! I never would have thought of that. Luckily for me (I knew there was an upside to my cramped city living conditions!) my kitchen is outside of my room in the common area, and near a window, so I don't have to worry about it heating up.

rayne

Baking on the grill. Now there's an idea I had not thought of. I have heated bread on the grill but never baked. I wonder how biscuits would turn out. I just may have to give it a try. Thanks!

ssamcd

Thanks for the tip and thanks for the thread. I never thought or tried baking on the grill. Sometimes in the summer I eliminate the baking because of the heat. Maybe it does not have to be that way. I am going to give it a try. :)

Laurasav

That is a very good idea, and perfect for a hot summer day when you don't want to heat your house up anymore than it may be! Thankfully we have central air, but it works mighty hard sometimes!!!

Have you ever made those no-bake cookies that are a childhood favorite of mine and so many other people I know?
1 stick of butter
1/4 C cocoa
2 C sugar
1/2 C milk
1/2 C peanut butter
3 C quick oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Put butter, sugar, cocoa, milk and salt in pan, bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Then add oatmeal and vanilla. Drop by medium spoonfuls onto a sheet of wax paper. Let cool.

I use the grill all the time in the summer because the house gets so hot when the oven is on, but I would never have thought about doing baked goods that way. We do a lot of the no bake cookies and deserts but I think we are going to try the cinnamon rolls this weekend. Thanks for the great idea!

Waynefire

Cinnamon rolls are a great food! I know for me I always make my own and then freeze them! Then I can reheat them when I want to have some great food really quick.

meowcow

I have to get inventive when it is so hot out so I made some cinnamon rolls in the grill. I put them in the pan like I normally would and then put the pan in the grill on low. It took them about 30 minutes to cook and they are delicious.
Grilled cinnamon actually sounds pretty good! I'm sure the smoke added a good amount of flavor to it too. My mouth is watering as I write this and am now craving cinnamon rolls. :D I will have to purchase some tomorrow and try out your method. Thank you very much for sharing. :)

Ja'cobeC

I love cinnamon rolls but never really made it myself lol. I always bought the ones from the store and baked them. I seen my grandma make it before from scratch and it was amazing.