French Tarragon

xenon

Has anyone grown this one? It's a lovely herb to use with chicken or fish and is an easy one to grow.
There're two varieties of tarragon. French tarragon which has much more of the aniseed flavor than Russian tarragon.It require a well drained sunny position and not much in the way of plant food. It dies back in winter but reappears in spring/summer.As it doesn't seed you can propagate it with a bit of root division and tip.
Once established you will pretty much have it permanently.

Attachments

dissn_it

I love using french tarragon with beef, especially steak. I have only grown it once but it did really well in our cold cliamte. I moved this past fall so I am not sure if it came back this spring or not. I have herbs on my kitchen window sill right now. I will have to get some tarragon to add to them.

shaunche

I have used tarragon, I'm not sure if it was French tarragon, though. I would like to grow tarragon because I live the aniseed flavor, but it is a fragile soft herb. I doubt I would be able to grow it where I live.

I've never tried this Herb before but it sounds interesting. Maybe I will look into it a bit more and try growing some of my own. I like to try different and new herbs from time to time.