Facts about weight loss pills

ssamcd

Weight loss is not an easy thing to do. Some people take weight loss pills to help them shed the weight. Please be cautious of the risk involved when taking weight loss pills. Here are some facts about weight loss pills.

Some weight loss pills contain Ephedra or ma huang, a powerful central nervous system stimulant, is the main active ingredient in fat-burners. This will not produce long lasting weight loss it will help loose water. Other diet pills will put the body into high gear and you may burn extra calories, however you need to be concerned about what the stimulant is doing to your heart.

Some diet pills are simply appetite suppressants. There are too many bad side effects from not eating. Beware than some appetite suppressants can be habit forming and contain amphetamine.

Most diet pills are not FDA approved. They could be tainted with laxatives and diuretics.

Side effects from diet pills include
  • increased heart rate
  • undesirable interactions with prescription drugs you are taking
  • insomnia
  • stomach irritation
  • nervousness or irritability
  • increased blood pressure
This is a small list of the side effects that diet pills can cause you. Better to loose weight naturally through exercise and sensible eating habits.

beckyv1265

I agree with you. There is no majic pill that will help. There are however foods that can helpboost metabolism and a balance of your diet with more vegies and fruits along with some great protein. Exercise is a must.

misumaru15

Yes it used to be that many pills had ephedra in them. It has since been banned. Some people did not read the warning labels. The hurry for a fast quick is hard to combat.

Esperahol

My mother was checked out by her doctor and because she has a good heart he prescribed her a stimulant-based pill. She hated it however and dumped the pills sooner rather than later.

shaunche

The danger of diet pills is well documented, however, what are the 'bad side effects from not eating'? You would need to abstain from food for days for it to have negative consequences for your health. Fasting actually has many health benefits like increasing insulin sensitivity.

Charmeuse

I am not particularly thrilled with diet pills. Some help boost metabolism, but they can be very dangerous to use if not used properly. There area lot of alternatives to diet pills such as herbal supplements and vitamins that boost metabolism as well. I heard that scientists developed a diet vaccine recently that works by attacking the hormone that causes weight gain. I am interested in learning more about it.

misumaru15

I think a mild fast can be good for your mentally. Some people pray and fast. However I don't think fasting is a good tool to use for weight loss. I also think that many weight loss pills don't do what they promise and people throw away money.

gina121

One main ingredient I have found in many diet pills is caffeine, another nerve stimulant. Nerve stimulants may be fat-burners - I know not. But, they also keep you awake at night. As a result, you do not get adequate sleep. Getting enough sleep and rest is an essential aspect of weight-loss. So, these stimulating ingredients in diet pills seem to defeat the purpose in a way, making the entire exercise a futile pursuit.

I remember Karen Carpenter when it comes to weight loss pills. It's really not advisable as it would affect your heart and your other vital organs. Forcing your body lose weight the unnatural way is like suicide. Make it gradual because there really is no such thing as a short cut.

I believe those weight loss pills do work. For the people making and selling them.

As a way to lose weight, I don't see how it can work. Weight loss is more than just losing some weight. It's a change in life style. That kind of change cannot be effected by a pill. It takes more determination and effort than just putting something in your mouth and swallowing it.

leyash

I refuse to take weight loss pills. I've heard so many horrible things about them, it scares me. I'd rather just eat healthy, exercise, and drink plenty of water.

Sage

I remember Karen Carpenter when it comes to weight loss pills. It's really not advisable as it would affect your heart and your other vital organs. Forcing your body lose weight the unnatural way is like suicide. Make it gradual because there really is no such thing as a short cut.
Karen Carpenter had anorexia. I was thinking the doctors determined that the damage to her heart was caused by what she was doing to her body, such as not eating and purging. I don't remember her being on any diet pills, but I think she was following a fad diet when the anorexia initially started.

artistry

Losing weight should be done over a long period of time. It took a while to gain the weight, losing it fast with diet pills will only lead to gaining the weight again plus more, because you gain fat cells when you lose weight. Diet pills are known to cause problems with your body mechanism. Best to slowly change your eating habits, and lose the weight for good, over time, without harm.