Eyelash growth...

Sarah C.

With all the new medications like Latisse coming out to help you grow thicker and longer eyelashes, I have given my eyelashes the once over, and found them sorely lacking!! LOL

I am curious if there is a natural way to help grow thicker and longer lashes like Latisse does. Does anyone know of any? Have you tried it out and had success???

I have tried some of the brands like double lash...but I did not get results.

Any advice would be appreciated...:)

Parker

I would be very interested in a natural way to grow my eyelashes too. My eyebrows have thinned with age and I would love to returned them to their formal thickness.

Irma

I would think that whatever nutrrients are good for hair and nail growth in general would do the trick. Can you really target hair growth on your eyelids though? (What if you grow too MUCH hair there! Eeek!)

lettuce

Probably using some of those plumping mascaras is your best bet. I would not stress too much about the hair attached to your eyeballs, though!

Parker

I would think that whatever nutrrients are good for hair and nail growth in general would do the trick. Can you really target hair growth on your eyelids though? (What if you grow too MUCH hair there! Eeek!)
I would love a thick set of eyelashes :). Your comment got me thinking. I used to take a couple of supplements for my nails and hairs. They really worked well for me, but I my budget got tight and I stopped buying them. Black Currant Oil worked the best for me. When that got to expensive, I switched to Evening Primrose Oil.

If I remember correctly, Latisse only works as long as you keep using it, so any other supplements are probably going to be the same as well. Given that, I would recommend natural hair/nail supplements, like Irma pointed out, or just wear fake eyelashes. ;)

Sarah C.

Ha ha ha!!! Google longest eyelashes in the world, and you will see your nightmare come to life!!! I do not know if these photos are photoshopped or not, but they will definitely make you go eek!!!

CityGirlLuv

A natural way to grow eyelashes would be to get a q-tip and apply castor oil on them. You won't see results instantly but give it about three months, perhaps even two, and you should definitely notice a difference.

rayne

I wouldn't mess with my eyelashes if I were you. I use the plumping mascarra but that's it. I try to stay away from doing anything to my body that's not natural. It's just not right to mess with mother nature unless you have to.

Sarah C.

A natural way to grow eyelashes would be to get a q-tip and apply castor oil on them. You won't see results instantly but give it about three months, perhaps even two, and you should definitely notice a difference.
I will definitely gove that a try! I like the fact that is does not involve any chemicals or ingredients that could be harmful.

Have you done this before??? What were your results?

Personally I wouldn't put anything on my eyelashes or anywhere near my eyes. I value my eyes too much. Never mind if they don't look beautiful or attractive. Without my eyes, I would have a hard time getting my online work done.

Personally I wouldn't put anything on my eyelashes or anywhere near my eyes. I value my eyes too much. Never mind if they don't look beautiful or attractive. Without my eyes, I would have a hard time getting my online work done.
Haha, this is true! And plus, I've never met anyone in my life who had ugly eyelashes. I would go ahead and assume that whoever you are, your eyelashes are good enough.

Ankh

I was always told to comb them out little with the
comb part of your eyebrow brow. Rub just a slight bit of
oil on the base of the lid.

iluvmario

I have heard that castor oil on lashes assists them in growing longer. Also silk amino acids (saa) you can order sikl amino acids at lotioncrafters.com. It is really inexpensive and a little goes a long way.

sandooch

I've tried all the natural methods except the castol oil. I don't want to get that sticky oil near or in my eyes.

I couldn't afford Latisse, so I bought the generic alternative of it called Careprost. At only $30 a bottle (mine has lasted over 6 months now) it is a fraction of the cost of Latisse but has the same ingredients. I've had no problems with irritation, skin discoloration, vision problem, etc... I absolutely love it. My lashes were getting super short with age and they are now more than twice as long. When I apply mascara, they look totally fake.I'm on maintenence now and only have to apply it two to three times a month now to keep them long.

I think I posted this collage of my lashes here before, but I'll put it up again. The first picture was before any eye lash enhancer, and the second picture was after using Careprost for 16 weeks. I love this stuff!

Sorry my eyes are wider open in the second picture. The first was taken with my daughters better camera and taken by her, but her camera is broken now. I took the second picture myself, and it's hard to look into the lens and take your own picture.

Jessi

Whoa. That's the first time I've seen someone actually post result pictures outside of a spammy promotional website. The difference in how your eyes are open does make it look even more drastically different, but regardless, the results are obviously there. Where did you get yours?

anniep1978

I've tried all the natural methods except the castol oil. I don't want to get that sticky oil near or in my eyes.

I couldn't afford Latisse, so I bought the generic alternative of it called Careprost. At only $30 a bottle (mine has lasted over 6 months now) it is a fraction of the cost of Latisse but has the same ingredients. I've had no problems with irritation, skin discoloration, vision problem, etc... I absolutely love it. My lashes were getting super short with age and they are now more than twice as long. When I apply mascara, they look totally fake.I'm on maintenence now and only have to apply it two to three times a month now to keep them long.

I think I posted this collage of my lashes here before, but I'll put it up again. The first picture was before any eye lash enhancer, and the second picture was after using Careprost for 16 weeks. I love this stuff!

Sorry my eyes are wider open in the second picture. The first was taken with my daughters better camera and taken by her, but her camera is broken now. I took the second picture myself, and it's hard to look into the lens and take your own picture.
Wow that's an amazing difference! Than you so much for sharing this.

I'm also curious to know if anyone has personal experience using castor oil on their eye lashes?

shaunche

I have always had very long eyelashes. When I was about 14 I cut my eyelashes because I thought my long eyelashes looked girly. I looked like a weirdo! My eyelashes have since regrown but I don't think it is anything to do with my diet, it's genetic. You can't make your eyelashes grow.

chabella

All Lady
That is insane and I might even give it a go. Mine are shrinking as well and it is silly. I can look at a picture of me just five years ago and I wonder where they went off to? :eek:

sandooch

Whoa. That's the first time I've seen someone actually post result pictures outside of a spammy promotional website. The difference in how your eyes are open does make it look even more drastically different, but regardless, the results are obviously there. Where did you get yours?
I got it here: http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-585-careprost-eye-drops-03mg-bimatoprost.aspx

I just started my second bottle and can't believe the first one lasted me 6.5 months. You have to get a thin eye liner brush to apply the liquid. I found one by Elf at Target for $3 that has a bent tip. It makes it so easy to apply. Just squeeze a tiny amount (I'd say a half drop) into the well on the tip of the bottle cap. Dip the brush into the drop and stroke it across the top base of the upper lids only. Then re-dip and do the other eye. It's so simple to do and hardly takes any time at all.

I know that with my eye open more in the after picture it makes them look even longer, but you can see that my bottom lashes are longer as well. Even though you don't apply this to the lower lashes. When you put this on at night before bed, some of the liquid from the top lashes gets on the bottom ones anyway.