Exclusively yoga

CeeCee

Is there anyone here who does only yoga for exercise? How do you feel? I have some acquaintances who do nothing but yoga and I thought that was a little odd. There isn't much cardio involved in yoga and I think you need both for a balanced routine.

vanillabean

I think the same way that you do, CeeCee. I go running for balance, because I like I should be doing more than yoga for exercise and release.

Dreyfush

I agree with you, yoga and gymnastics or other types of exercise should be practiced regularly for a balanced routine. Gymnastics develop our muscles and promote circulation, while yoga mainly treats the endocrine system.

Herbie

I don't think focusing exclusively on any one type of exercise is a good thing. We all need to cardio, strength training, and stretching and balance. Some people prefer or need one more than the others and that's fine, but you still should try to incorporate a little bit of everything into your weekly routine.

Koen

Is there anyone here who does only yoga for exercise? How do you feel? I have some acquaintances who do nothing but yoga and I thought that was a little odd. There isn't much cardio involved in yoga and I think you need both for a balanced routine.
My mother practices yoga. While yoga practitioners look stationary, I'm not sure if we can absolutely say that there isn't cardio involved. The kind of breathing they do to sustain some of the positions they assume is not a joke.

Obviously I don't do yoga myself. But I have great respect for those who do.