Easy to eat healthier in summer

Luvkenny

I find it much easier to eat healthy in the summer/fall. We have a huge garden and tons of veggies. I just go out back and pick dinner! Most nights we skip the meat and eat veggies! How about you?

Basil Nut

I wish we had more room to grow vegetables and perhaps add a few berry bushes. We do have some room, but not nearly enough to grow enough to fix many meals.

Aletha

We didn't get to grow a garden this summer but I certainly miss it. We do have a local farmer's market and I've been trying to go down and buy vegetables to prepare. Snacks and all are great from the farmer's market. I eat cucumbers and tomatoes for snacks when they're fresh. I love to peel and slice and eat with a bit of sea salt and they taste so fresh!! Garden time is the best time of the year!

iluvmario

I agree, I have a garden and have been eating out of it everyday this month. Also produce is less expensive because it is in season so it is more readily available. I also eat tons of watermelon which is much harder to find in the winter.

Kaybee517

I find that to be true as well. I eat a lot lighter in the summer months due to the heat. I tend to drink a lot more water and fresh things like salads, soups and meat and veggies. In the winter I'm more apt to reach for those high calorie comfort foods and heavier foods, like chili, hot chocolate, greens and meat and potatoes.:)