Does your dog do this?

My baby is still a pup. She is a happy and mild-mannered dog. She is a true companion. She sleeps in my bed and goes almost everywhere with me. When I get on the computer, sometimes she wants me to lay down with her. Of course that doesn't work. I laid my robe on the bed and she curled up in a ball and went to sleep. I guess she likes my scent in it.

Has anyone else experienced this with their dog?

dissn_it

Our old basset hound likes to sleep on my flannel shirt. I usually wear it like a jacket and whenever I am going to be away for a few hours, I let him have it. He uses it like a pillow. We didn't get him until he was 5 years old and he came from a shelter. He was abused as a puppy so he is loving life with us. We spoil the heck out of him!

Jessi

Mine loves to sleep on clothes, yes. I think it's more about having something comfy to sleep on than it is scent for mine. He hates sleeping on the hard floor, so whether he's on a bed or in a random room, he always finds something extra lay on.

lettuce

That is too cute! I wouldn't mind at all having a pup follow me around like that. It makes sense that they would want to sleep on something soft and inviting.

meowcow

That sounds so cute! I never have had a dog that does this in particular, but they do sometimes like to mess around in my stuff or even chew my shoes. I guess yours is just more affectionate than the ones that I've been getting but they are all lovely nonetheless. :)

Sage

My older dog use to like to get under the desk and then rest his head on my foot. He never was one to like to sleep on rugs or beds. He preferred the tile in the kitchen and bathroom.

ssamcd

Yes dogs are so loveable. When I am on my computer mine will sit next to me and put his two paws on my hip and lay his head across his paws. When I push him away he will lay down on the floor and look at me very sad. They like to be held and played with. :)

ohiotom76

Have any of your dogs done the "scoot"? Its when they kick their back legs out and drag their butts across the floor with their front legs. I was in tears laughing the first time I saw my dog do this, I thought she was being a goofball or something. Turns out they have anal glands that get blocked up, and they are trying to release them when they do that. Pleasant huh? LOL. So we would periodically bring our dogs into the vet to get these released if they were in discomfort. The vet one time tried to show me how to do it, and I was like there is no way in hell I'm sticking my finger up my dogs butt, lol. That's what I'm paying them for.

Jessi

Turns out they have anal glands that get blocked up, and they are trying to release them when they do that. Pleasant huh?
Ha! They sometimes get worms, too, which causes them to do that same similar scoot. You really derailed the thread with this one, huh? :p

HealthyS7

My dog would want me to lay down with her when she was having some stomach problems. I fed her some white rice and tried to give her some probiotics then she felt much better.

ohiotom76

Our beagle was terrified of thunder, she would always run under my desk and sit pressed up against my leg trembling whenever there was a thunderstorm.

My oldest dog, a coonhound mix, would always get worried if she noticed you weren't feeling well. She'd single out whoever was under the weather, and follow them all around the house and lay next to them whenever they laid down.

Yes, this is something rather common.

Dogs have noses which are more sensitive than us. So their perception of the world around them is made up more of smells than sights. In the same way, their memories are also made up more of smells than sights. So having a piece of clothing from its owner nearby is quite a bit like having the owner being actually nearby.

sandooch

I know that puppies and kittens like this and feel comforted by the scent of you on the towels/clothes they sleep on while you are gone. But my dog doesn't do this now. She just sleeps anywhere and everywhere now, but mostly on the cool floor because it's been so hot.

Waynefire

I have a dog who will not sleep on anything but blankets. If we do not have blankets on the floor for her, she will drag our blankets off of the bed until she has some to sleep on. It can be really annoying at times!

Cassia

That is really cute! I had a Maltese for 13 years and she used to follow me around. She even slept on my bed. She didn't like being snuggled though. :) In the morning, she woke me up by licking my face. Dogs are really adorable and can be extra sweet!

Esperahol

I used to give my cocker spanial shirts because he used to get a bit stir crazy, especially if his girlfriend Sheba wasn't about to let him and all the other neighborhood dogs out to play for a couple of days.

Melissa

Oh heck ya! Not with my dog since I don't own one but my cats do it all the time. My cats Molly and Princess even go as far as parking their fat furry butts right on my macbook just as I want to use it. WHile the other steals my chair of course :)

beckyv1265

Dogs are social animals and feel most secure when they are part of their pack. Puppies like to feel the comfort and warmth of their alphas. Your scent makes it especialy comforting to them. My dog like to sit at my feet all the time.