dietary supplements - again in the news

beckyv1265

That is also true. Its hard to regulate natural food grown in your own garden though. I still say that is the best way or frozen fruits and vegetables in our diets.

Esperahol

They don't do such a good job with their existing duties. There could be much better ways to do it. I know it is big business for the pharma companies and they have very expensive and attractive lobbyists working for them. I am a bit uneasy about this.
This has absolutely nothing t o do with your post, but that little bunny avatar is ridiculously adorable, and I thought you should know that.

shaunche

Its mostly about the money. If they can regulate something then they can charge more for it.
Indeed. The food industry creates the problem, makes us fat and sick, and satellite industries like the supplement and pharmaceutical industries profit from the obesity and sickness. It is one big gravy train for the rich.

beckyv1265

Yes it is. Its funny but if you ever look at an old magazines they are still selling the same stuff back then. Its full of weight loss magic pills and the new vitamin that will save you. People just don't get it. To be healthy you need to eat healthy not crazy. The body in an amazing machine. If you give it what it needs it will function great on its own.

rosie

I'm all for regulation in view of how many people have to die now before something is pulled from the shelves. Hopefully regulation will cut down on the number of deaths and the quacks selling anything on the internet. (At least in the US)

Esperahol

I'm all for regulation in view of how many people have to die now before something is pulled from the shelves. Hopefully regulation will cut down on the number of deaths and the quacks selling anything on the internet. (At least in the US)
Having read the book that launched the FDA and learned of the many shady practices found in this sick, sad world I have no problem with regualation. I mean look at China and all the unhealthy toxins they allow into their stuff.