Bags under your eyes.

GreenBeany

I didn't use to have them as bad as now, but I have really dark circles under my eyes. Sometimes it looks like I was punched. How do you treat them? Is it something in my diet or simply lack of sleep that will cause them. Is there any creams that might actually help or does it have to come from inside the body to help that kind of problem?

Myrrh

I once tried using a cream for dark circles, but I wasn't able to see visible results. Maybe I should have used it longer to notice positive effects... I like putting slices of potatoes or cucumbers on my eyes. This might not be the best remedy for eye bags and dark circles, but I do it because my eyes feel refreshed after.

chabella

All Lady
I had this issue for the longest time when I was burning the candle at both ends, not eating right and then I finally stopped. I was tired of looking 20 years older than what I really am. A sleeping mask helped me a good bit too.

GreenBeany

But what did you do chabella? Is a diet of fruit and veggies something that would help restore the natural eye tone? Any special creams that you used, and where I can get them? I tried the cucumber thing. I didn't like it.

Marjorie

Lack of sleep and diet are both common culprits, as is aging. Try to get more sleep, drink lots of water, and eat foods high in vitamin K and low in sodium.

Asturian

I think it is due to the lack of sleep, as well as the bad eating habit. I also have this issue and I am trying to get more sleep. It is not that easy though.

Iben

Yeah, I agree that you should try to get more sleep (as if I didn't have the same issue :)). Lack of sleep can affect not only your eyes but also your weight and overall health.

Lena51

I do believe that no sleep is the problem. I have bags under my eyes and I know I don't get enough sleep like I use to and I don't eat well either so I will myself have to start back to eating right and do some tricks to get those bags taken care of. I don't have dark circles but the puffiness I have and try green tea bags and cucumbers and see if that helps.

Ja'cobeC

No sleep is a big problem, and that is the reason for the dark spot. Try Eye-X cream, it helped me out a lot. Give it a try.

shaunche

It depends if you have always had the dark circles under your eyes, some people have dark circles under their eyes no matter how well they sleep and how healthy they are, it's genetic. If it's not genetic, focus on improving the quality of your sleep and eating natural food.

beckyv1265

Its usually a sign of mineral deficiency. It can also be a sign of liver disease. It can possibly be related to just getting older and shadow play of sagging skin. Hard to say.

JoshTheBoss

An oldschool remedy is taking two spoons and putting them in the freezer. Then, just hold them to the bags as long as you can stand without being in pain.

A modern day cream would probably work better, but the former is free!

chabella

All Lady
I have changed a great deal over the years from quitting smoking to eating healthy (fruits and veggies), sleeping better with the hours I have in a day, not trying to party like a rock star. It does add up over time and on really bad days (the few I get but I do still get them) I look pretty bad without makeup. Not like I was punched in the face but enough that I actually colored my skin darker with a marker, I guess that is what I get for having thin skin.

Esperahol

Try cold cream - it comes in a blue bottle at the store. It is very old fashioned, but it works well enough for friends and family.

srj

I don't find any other cure than sleeping :D Take a regular sleeping schedule. Relax your face muscles if you can't fall a sleep. Also try eating some carbs before bed.

sandooch

My husband had hereditary dark circles under his eyes. What has helped fade them by at least 60% is a cream called Skinceuticals Eye Cream. He just applies it in the morning. It took about 2 months to start working, so don't get discouraged if you don't see fading right away. My husband swears by it.

ohiotom76

Isn't that what people use cucumber slices for? This might sound gross but I wonder if Preparation H would work, I heard bodybuilders use it on their skin to look more tone or something like that.

freshfoodie

I have heard of using Preparation H for dark circles but I wouldn't want to try it. Using any kind of a cold compress would help (cold cucumber slices, frozen spoons, cold face mask, etc) as would getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

shaunche

Does anyone know how cucumber reduces dark circles and eye bags? My Mum has been using cucumbers on her eyes for as long as I can remember, she is 61 and she doesn't have any dark circles, maybe the cucumbers are the reason...