Athlete's foot

naturelady

What is your favorite herbal or natural healing treatment for athlete's foot? I know it is candida, or yeast and it responds to similar treatments as other manifestations of yeast. What has worked best for you?

naturelady

So do you think black walnut extract, that I have used for thrush, would work equally well for athlete's foot? I had someone suggest gentian violet to me, but they didn't realize that is an industrial waste product and, while it works, isn't a product I'd prefer to use. Plus, it's messy!

wanderingherb

Not sure as thrush and athletes foot are generally two separate issues. Different bacteria, and Athletes foot on the edge of actually being fungal in nature. I would use some neem oil with E.O. that back it up. You get get away a 3% ratio, as neem stinks to high heaven! Not sure if Black Walnut alone would do the trick.

naturelady

Okay, thanks. You've hit on the spot where I've been confused for some time. I have heard that both are yeast, but it seems like they are still not the same affliction. I know that Lotrimin can be used on both, but I always see different herbal treatments recommended for each ailment. I definitely do not want my family to use Lotrimin if I can find a better cure! I will try the neem oil.

wanderingherb

Look for antifungal e.o.'s to mix in your oil! You might be able to find a recipe for a blend. Its nice to smell good and not like swamp water! :D