Aroma for Motion Sickness

captain

I have a friend who almost always become dizzy when we have long distance trips. We gave him ointments like eucalyptus and white flower but it never worked on him. What other kinds of ointments can we use for motion sickness?

chabella

All Lady
I for one can not read while I am in a car and it drives me nuts when I need to help navigate on road trips. I can read and walk at the same time, why not in a car? I can on a plane too but not on a bus.

Treehugger

Ginger and peppermint are two essential oils that should help with nausea. Another thing that could help is to eat something small before you go driving, such as peanut butter crackers.

CindyJ

I'm going to have to try these suggestions. The only thing that helps me on long trips is to have air blowing on me. I even bought a little fan for when I get stuck in the back seat.

Elkheart

That is so horrible. I thank goodness that I don't have that problem. I would never be able to stand long trips if I didn't read or watch DVDs. I certainly would try the peppermint and see if it would help. It also helps to focus on the road ahead and not the scenery flashing by.