Aloe Vera Drink?

hunysukle

Yesterday I was at the grocery store when I came across an aloe vera drink. It was a greenish color, and the ingredients stated it contain real aloe vera, along with fructose. I wonder how healthy this aloe vera drink really is? Have you ever had an aloe vera drink before?

Esperahol

Yesterday I was at the grocery store when I came across an aloe vera drink. It was a greenish color, and the ingredients stated it contain real aloe vera, along with fructose. I wonder how healthy this aloe vera drink really is? Have you ever had an aloe vera drink before?
I have to wonder myself since I'm pretty sure you are suppose to drink it. I mean you can make salves with it and use the leaves to a point, but it is not something you should be drinking. In fact I think Bear Gylls mentioned that this stuff would end up dehydrating you if you tried to get water out of a aloe vera sort of plant. I don't know I think people are so busy trying to make a fast buck off of the "nature" kick that they are throwing anything on the wall to see what sticks.

rayne

We had a bottle of that one time. Tasted it and then looked at it for a while. Finally tossed it. I have plenty of aloe growing for cuts and burns and such but I don't think I want to drink it.

beckyv1265

I doubt it would hurt you or the FDA would not allow it marketed in this manner. I don't know what its used for. Aloe has lots of benifits. I would have to do more research on it.

Waynefire

Aloe is used for topical purposes I thought. I know that for me I only use it on my burns, but not for drinking. Just the thought of it alone makes me vomit a little. Not only that is the fructose used natural or synthetic, but can humans break down fructose?

hunysukle

Thank you all for the helpful information. I had no idea aloe vera juice had so many side effects. I figured it would be healthy since the aloe vera plant itself is very useful. I guess we should all be very careful about health drinks these day.

AnonaMoss

Yes, I've had an aloe vera and coconut water mixture. I think that it supposed to be good for lubricating the digestive tract. I did not like the flavor of the aloe vera juice, and I found it to be quite expensive. I didn't buy another bottle after I ran out. I did see side effects online, but personally I did not feel them after drinking the juice. I didn't notice any changes in my body- but this was only after one 24oz bottle.

Aaron

We had a bottle of that one time. Tasted it and then looked at it for a while. Finally tossed it. I have plenty of aloe growing for cuts and burns and such but I don't think I want to drink it.
I have to ask: what on earth did it taste like? I have accidentally got bits in my mouth before, but it seemed 'soapy' to me. How on earth could you make a palatable drink out of it?

Since it contains fructose, I wouldn't consider it to be that healthy. You can make your own aloe vera drink with pure aloe vera juice and any citric fruit.

Very interesting. I've never actually encountered a product like this myself yet. Although I am going to do some research about it. I'm sure if it's out on the market it must have some type of significant elements behind it for the body processes. Thanks for sharing this.