A Metabolism Boost from Peppers?

MissEm

In reading an article on metabolism boosters, the one I found interesting was pickled peppers. Pickled peppers help boost metabolism in two ways. First, peppers contain capsaicin which helps the body burn fat. The second is vinegar which keeps the body from storing fat. The best time to eat them? In the morning. Add to eggs for a great morning boost!

jason

Have a great day
I've read a few sources saying hot peppers help with weight loss. Never heard of pickling peppers though.

petunia

I've read a few sources saying hot peppers help with weight loss. Never heard of pickling peppers though.
Are pickled peppers like the pepperoncini you find in the pickle aisle? Those are so good! I would be very happy to hear that they help with weight loss since I can polish off a jar watching television! :D

Eliza

I did not know pickled peppers, would help with weight loss. I am not a fan of peppers, so I do not think I could eat pickled peppers.

smellsrfun

Awesome tip! I love pickled peppers and squash. I don't eat either in the morning but I could! I knew hot peppers were supposed to speed up your metabolism but I did not know pickled peppers did.

Novembre

It is great news that peppers help you with losing weight. I love the taste and the fat burning function, but I don't have a strong stomach to eat too much peppers.

Myrrh

I'm not a pepper eater, either. Pickled peppers in the morning doesn't sound so inviting to me, but it's good to know that certain foods have weight loss benefits. I never thought that pepper could help boost metabolism.

ThymeandTide

I love pepperoncinis! I could certainly eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love those things. I sort of have to watch my sodium intake though so I don't eat many.

Aletha

That's certainly good news for me. I love hot, spicy foods. I think they are good for you in more ways than one. If I remember correctly, they have a place in intestinal health too. I can't remember where I read that one but if I come upon the article, I'll post a link here.

I'm not so sure I like the idea of pickled peppers and vinegar for breakfast! I'm just not sure how I would combine them to be able to eat 'em. I'm sure there are ways but, hmmmm, not so sure here.

GlassSlipper

It's funny, but I just had this conversation with my dad. I told him to eat more peppers and put cayenne powder in his food (since he likes spicy) because it will help him boost his metabolism.