yup....I'm unhealthy

unhealthy

Hello everyone! Found this place when looking for some tips on easy way to get healthier through diet. I'm 44 and live in Indiana with a cat-only because she tolerates me.

question

Hey there, I used to live north of Indianapolis many years ago. Where I lived there were very few options for healthy living. Hey you got to start somewhere!

enthusiast

I was born and grew up in southeastern Indiana. I wish I was still living there.

Diet can make a huge difference in how healthy we are. There's a lot you need to know, but basically, if you can stay away from processed foods and meat that is raised poorly, as well as stop eating junk foods and sugar, that would be a good start. Eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables is good, too.

Victoria

Hello! I've never been to Indiana! I admit that I'm unhealthy too. At least you're doing something about it though! I hope you find some advice and find a plan to become healthy that works for you.

jason

Have a great day
Greetings and salutations. How are you today? I doubt according to the government/ insurance companies anyone is healthy anymore.

StingingNettle

Well, you've already made a good start. Having a cat for a pet can help reduce blood pressure, along with providing some other health benefits. I think sometimes it helps to identify the things we are doing right, and start from there.

Baby steps, that's what works for me.

unhealthy

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. I just moved here a few years ago from Pittsburgh. The cat really helps out keeping the stress down but it's rough trying to get the body itself in shape because I have arthritis.

StingingNettle

Maybe you could look into swimming for exercise. I've heard that it is great for people with arthritis, because it is so gentle on the joints. Plus, it's fun!

enthusiast

What kind of arthritis do you have unhealthy? I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis not too long ago. Are you being treated by a doctor? I was until I found out what the drugs were doing and I quit taking them. I'm concentrating on improving my diet and have started taking supplements for it.